WHERE to Send for Repair/ Rejuvenation & WHERE to Buy Products

Well, I'm wondering why Balenciaga said there was a charge, since this is a Blue India Part Time and they should know that it has to be under a year old. I guess the seasons run together for them as well... ;)

Just an update on this, now that I"ve found my thread completely buried inside this thread. :cursing:

It's been over a month now...I called Neiman's repair center for an update. They called Balenciaga and were told that "there is a lot of work involved in the repair so it is a lengthy process." They apologize for the timeframe but they will have it completed by next week.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Final update: Balenciaga did a terrible job on my repair. It was done messily and does not even approach what I would expect from a professional. I have received much more professionally done repairs from Artbag. LovinMyBags also does very good work from what I've seen in photos.

They were supposed to fix the cracking/chipping of the paint sealant on the handles, and they just slapped it on messily and did not cover all the cracks/chips very well. They also managed to spill paint on the bag (it left a permanent stain).

This was just shoddy work, and I will NEVER recommend people send their bags to Balenciaga for repair again (unless it is to replace missing hardware, which can't be done anywhere else).

P.S. Does anyone even read this thread? I just wish my story had been left in a separate thread as I originally posted it.

I just read your posting and now I am worried. Barneys just sent my BBag to BALNY for repairs. Had the bag less than a month and the leather was cracking. With reading peoples experience with that I am worried how the bag is going to come back. If they even repair it at all. Barneys says I spilled something on it. Which is wrong. If you look at the cracking you can tell it there is something wrong with the leather.. Nothing spilled on it. Keep you posted.

hey there bal bag lovers,
i am new to the forum & was wondering if anyone had tried artbag in NY for restoration work? i took my summer 05 calcaire (a pinky ivory color) city bag to arturo's in BH for a zipper lube. the arturo's leather techs decided to do a little spot cleaning which stripped both the color & glaze, leaving the edges & various spots on the bag lighter in color & VERY noticeable to my ultra observant eye. i sent it off to balenciaga leather techs who were unable to help. so any feedback (good, bad, worth it, not) on artbag's restoration services would be very appreciated!
thank you in advance!

I've never had ArtBag do major restoration work, but they've done a wonderful job on small repairs. One thing that I can say with confidence is that they don't take the initiative to do a little something extra, so you don' end up with surprises at the end. You can also email them photos of the damage and they can assess whether this is something they can tackle.
Again, I've had minor things done. I know of two members who have had bigger repairs done at ArtBag, but those were also black bags.

Hi, I've looked through the threads but short of the option of sending my bag overseas to LMB, there wasn't much else on where I could send a vintage Balenciaga to be restored and repaired in London.

Does anyone know of a place/has anyone tried?

Thanks
xx

hi,
I too, am on the hunt for a good London repairer to revive my ageing Bbag. Have you tried the Balenciaga shop in Mount Street? 020 7317 4400. If anyone can recommend a good repair shop, they'd be able to. If they can't help, then hunt down a traditional 'cobblers'. I've heard that there's an excellent shoe/leatherware repair shop called 'Classics'. That's where Jimmy Choo shoes (as well as other designer shoe shops) send their goods for repair. It's in Camden or Kentish Town, however, I don't have a contact number for them.
Good luck, let me know how you get on.:tup: