where to get a chain for stams

Yay, I'm glad they helped you out with the chain. MJ Moda Express kicks a$$!! Love them.

You don't need to pay anything for the chain as long as the stam is still under warranty, meaning it was released within the past 16-17 months. Start at the beginning of this thread and you'll see the progression of her chain replacement.

oh, i never knew there was a difference w/ the chains. does it look decent enough? are you going to try to exchange that one for the one that goes with a quilted stam?

no, its only the ends that are different but the chain itself is the same.
the pic from left is : black chain sent from mj, chain from topaz quilted stam, chain from slate patchwork stam.. the quilted stam has a round hook but the patchwork does not

LembAranBaru464.jpg

no, its only the ends that are different but the chain itself is the same.
the pic from left is : black chain sent from mj, chain from topaz quilted stam, chain from slate patchwork stam.. the quilted stam has a round hook but the patchwork does not

LembAranBaru464.jpg

I'm new to MJ... but your chain from topaz quilted stam looks odd to me. The chain from my quilted stam doesn't have round hooks, and I'm sure mine is authentic.

I'm new to MJ... but your chain from topaz quilted stam looks odd to me. The chain from my quilted stam doesn't have round hooks, and I'm sure mine is authentic.

:wtf::wtf: really??

i have a saddle brown quilted stam and its also like that... could it be just because of the season? i might be wrong about the patchwork and quilted being different.. it might be different season diferent chain?
my saddle brown and topaz are resort '06, and my slate and black are spring/summer 07

LembAranBaru465.jpg

:wtf::wtf: really??

i have a saddle brown quilted stam and its also like that... could it be just because of the season? i might be wrong about the patchwork and quilted being different.. it might be different season diferent chain?
my saddle brown and topaz are resort '06, and my slate and black are spring/summer 07

LembAranBaru465.jpg

Mine is spring/summer 07. You were right on the season--I did find resort 06 stam with round hook after a little research. Sorry for my ignorance.

It's definitely a season change.... MJ changed the clasps on their stam chains starting with Resort 06. Topaz and Saddle Brown were released during that season.

Anything previous would have the older clasps, like the ones on the left and right of the photo. Patchwork stams appear to not be affected by the clasp change.

I e-mailed repairs@marcjacobs and inquired about purchasing a replacement chain. Here is the response I received:

Sorry but no, we do not have any extra chains nor do our factories make
additional chains for a fee.
The are considered decorative, extra pieces, not a strap to carry the
bag.

Thanks for the patronage.

Regards,
Larissa
Customer Service
Marc Jacobs International LLC

Don't you think this is a weird response? First of all, the original poster of this thread received a replacement chain from them. Then, the other odd thing, the chain not being considered a strap? I think this is really strange. So, if you lose a chain or need a chain, you are just out of luck?

^that is odd. Do you think it's because the bag was released over 16 months ago and isn't covered in the warranty?
Wonder if you'd get a different response from another rep, maybe Diego??

hope they aren't phasing out the chain replacements by replacing them with nylon straps! haha. ok that's not funny.

good luck rorosity!

EEEk....they had better not phase out those chains and replace with nylon! Someone could have a good side business replicating these chains with matching leather. If you lose one of these, you may be out of luck!

That is VERY strange!!

The are considered decorative, extra pieces, not a strap to carry the bag
????? If that were true, why would places like eLux, NM and Saks advertise it as "Removable, long chunky brass chain link shoulder strap; 12" drop" "Chain shoulder strap" "Removable strap, 13"??? I know this may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure she knew you were referring to the longer chain on the Stam and not some other chain??

I wonder if maybe it was so "simple" becuz the replacement she needed was black? Obviously, they always have Black chains since they almost always have black bags. Maybe they can't replace older colors that are out of stock??

BTW, monkeedmafia, we're like "Bag Twins"!!! You have a Topaz Stam, so do I - you have a Slate Patchwork, so do I!! The only one I don't have is Black!!!:P

BTW, monkeedmafia, we're like "Bag Twins"!!! You have a Topaz Stam, so do I - you have a Slate Patchwork, so do I!! The only one I don't have is Black!!!:P

LOL yes we are! i wear my topaz stam so much its already worn on the edges :sad:

i feel bad for my saddle brown stam, i rarely use her, i cant seem to find an outfit that will match her..

I e-mailed repairs@marcjacobs and inquired about purchasing a replacement chain. Here is the response I received:

Sorry but no, we do not have any extra chains nor do our factories make
additional chains for a fee.
The are considered decorative, extra pieces, not a strap to carry the
bag.

Thanks for the patronage.

Regards,
Larissa
Customer Service
Marc Jacobs International LLC

Don't you think this is a weird response? First of all, the original poster of this thread received a replacement chain from them. Then, the other odd thing, the chain not being considered a strap? I think this is really strange. So, if you lose a chain or need a chain, you are just out of luck?

that is very weird roro! they shud be able to replace your chain free of charge! diego handled my situation last time, maybe you can PM him? he's on tpf.. i hope you get your chain! good luck