Where to find gret pre-used purses

One tip-- as someone said before is to know the retail price. Some of the "used" bags are going for retail or slightly under retail prices which is not a good deal if you can pay a little more and get the bag new. Ex: on Anns they have listed a white used twiggy bag for around 900 but you can buy it new from diabro.net for 954.

Not knocking Anns, I like them. But just know your pricing.

I completely agree. Quite often I'm put off my the prices Ann's charges. It is definitely required that you know your retail prices so you don't end up regretting it later.

Thanks !!!!! I disagree with a previous poster that it means "previously"- it's not an abbreviation.... but anyway- who cares ?? I was just making a funny !!! Not trying to get into a debate on the structure of the english language. Gotta find something to giggle about at least once a day !!!!:smile:

Hi,

I know that bagborroworsteal.com has an outlet section in which they sell bags that have been borrowed. They also have some that were never carried. The prices aren't that bad and at least you know the purses are authentic. HTH!

are we really sure that site sells real bags? i heard mixed reviews.

are we really sure that site sells real bags? i heard mixed reviews.

As far as I'm aware they do. I bought a used Kooba Sienna from their outlet and it was real.

The only thing I'll say about buying their used bags though, is that you need to be careful. The Sienna I bought was in horrendous condition when it arrived. It wasn't stuffed so it had been smashed into the box, so it was misshapen. It wasn't in it's dustbag. The outside was scratched and beat up, and the ends of the straps were curling upward. Also, the braided tassle ties at either end were frayed, and one of the knots was completely undone.

When I returned the bag per their instructions, it took me WEEKS to get my refund, even though they received the bag back within about 5 days. (I returned it the day after I got it.) When I called them after the first couple weeks to check the status, they informed me that only one person deals with all of the outlet items! So they are slow as molasses.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any leather bags from them. People obviously treat the bags they get from them like crap because they didn't shell out thousands of dollars for them, so they're in awful condition. Maybe fabric bags that wouldn't show wear as easily would be fine purchases, but I wouldn't trust anything else.

Is there some comprehensive list of past-season handbags by each vendor somewhere (perhaps with styles or retails)? I am searching orangeme.com, for example, and I don't see the bags listed there anywhere else online. Then I goto another website and don't see those bags anywhere as well. I am trying to compare prices, but I can't. I would think that some past-season bags may be in demand by people who missed the chance to buy new, or who grew to love an older collection. Thanks!!

i don't know if someone's posted this before but let-trade (let-trade.com) has good stuff, for good prices. i bought my LV Indigo Reade PM for them for way less than retail, and they were great. they have mostly LV but lately i've seen them have several Balenciaga bags.

I've also heard a lot of good things about fashionphile (fashionphile.com). they also have mostly LV, but i do see them carry other stuff (Prada, Chanel, etc)

You could search in the individual sub-forums here to see if there are past threads about the bag that you're looking at, and if you don't find anything, you can post a question in a new thread. Many of the sub-forums have reference threads that provide prices.

Is there some comprehensive list of past-season handbags by each vendor somewhere (perhaps with styles or retails)? I am searching orangeme.com, for example, and I don't see the bags listed there anywhere else online. Then I goto another website and don't see those bags anywhere as well. I am trying to compare prices, but I can't. I would think that some past-season bags may be in demand by people who missed the chance to buy new, or who grew to love an older collection. Thanks!!

I will reccomend Anns also, I have bought several items from her and have never had a problem . Ann is lovely and will actually answer her own phone! I have caught her out at brunch on more than one occasion . As for her pricing I'm willing to pay a little more knowing that I'm buying an authentic item. No wondering ! Also Megs and Vlad have endorsed her store too.
Check out her sale section some great deals.

Retail awareness is super important when buying "pre-loved", but US buyers also need to remember the dollar is super weak against Euro right now, so luxury resellers in the rest of the world aren't always a great low cost option, at least for US buyers.

As far as I'm aware they do. I bought a used Kooba Sienna from their outlet and it was real.

The only thing I'll say about buying their used bags though, is that you need to be careful. The Sienna I bought was in horrendous condition when it arrived. It wasn't stuffed so it had been smashed into the box, so it was misshapen. It wasn't in it's dustbag. The outside was scratched and beat up, and the ends of the straps were curling upward. Also, the braided tassle ties at either end were frayed, and one of the knots was completely undone.

When I returned the bag per their instructions, it took me WEEKS to get my refund, even though they received the bag back within about 5 days. (I returned it the day after I got it.) When I called them after the first couple weeks to check the status, they informed me that only one person deals with all of the outlet items! So they are slow as molasses.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any leather bags from them. People obviously treat the bags they get from them like crap because they didn't shell out thousands of dollars for them, so they're in awful condition. Maybe fabric bags that wouldn't show wear as easily would be fine purchases, but I wouldn't trust anything else.

I thought of buying a Kooba Chiara from BB&S also but their price for a pretty battered bag was pretty steep. Gave up on that.

I know this thread is old, but I came across it in Google while doing some thrift shopping myself, so I figured I'd throw in a couple cool used handbag shops not mentioned yet:
  1. www.thredup.com
  2. www.yoogiscloset.com

Hope this helps others! :heart:

P.S. :doggie: <-- These old emoticons are too cute!
WOAH. I never heard about thred up until this moment and I'm hooked.

.... but not as a seller. -.-