Where to find discontinued makeup

1. I was wondering if there is a good source for finding products/colors that have been discontinued. Thanks!

2. If you live in the US, there are stores called The Cosmetic Company Store at most major outlet malls. They sell discount Estee Lauder products which include MAC, Origins, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, and Clinique. I have seen a lot of discontinued (and seasonally discontinued) makeup items there, often at a pretty good discount. They also sell a lot of fragrances and discontinued fragrance sets.

3. And of course you can always try eBay..
    it's the only place I can find discontinued makeup since I'm not in the U.S

4. I'm stuck with eBay too, but the problem is that every seller seems to only have one of the product I'm after, and since it's discontinued I'd like to buy a bunch and stock up, but not only would that take forever since I have to deal with a dozen different sellers, but it also makes it more expensive since I have to pay separate shipping on every item :sad:

5. This might be helpful to you :smile: :
    http://beauty.ivillage.com/makeup/0,,8z32jl4x,00.html

To find products from Estée Lauder brands (e.g., Clinique, Prescriptives, Stila, Bobbi Brown, MAC, La Mer, Aveda, Origins, Jo Malone, American Beauty, Good Skin)
    The Gone But Not Forgotten program offers discontinued items via Global Consumer Communications, (646) 602-7800. (They accept credit cards only). Prescriptives.com has a Last Chance page, and MAC has a Goodbyes page for about-to-go products. Stila's customer service line, (866) 415-1332, will try to find a similar product to your discontinued favorite ‑- or they may even tell you that it actually still exists: "Sometimes a color has been given a new name and package."

To find products from Revlon, Almay, Ultima II
    Discontinued items are sent to Cosmetics and More company outlets in North Carolina, (888) 882-5629, and Arizona, (888) 465-5592, or made available through CosmeticsAndMore.com.

To find products from Physicians Formula
    The company sells discontinued products directly to consumers; call (800) 227-0333.

To find products from Hard Candy
    The company outlet store in Sawgrass Mills mall in Sunrise, Florida, sells discontinued stock. Call (954) 846-0057.

To find products from Borghese
    The company may be reached at (866) 267-4437. (They accept checks only.) The company welcomes feedback ‑- discontinued items are often brought back by popular request.

To find products from Nars
    NarsCosmetics.com offers items unavailable at retail locations on its Vintage section.

To find products from Chanel
    Customer service, (800) 550-0005, will search its boutiques for the discontinued item and will call within 24 hours if it's located.

To find products from Benefit
    Discontinued items are sent to Makeup.com.

To have products made by Three Custom Color
    This Manhattan company will recreate your favorite item from a dime-size sample, or custom-blend a shade to match a photo or swatch in seven to ten days. "We match color, texture, coverage and effects like shimmer," says cofounder Chad Hayduk, whose products are unscented and formulated for sensitive skin. Did you run out before you could save a sample? Their archive of products (which is heavy on lipsticks) dates back to the 1930s and may have it. Your item will be catalogued once you order for future purchases. Their prices are $50 for two lipsticks or lip glosses; $47.50 for bronzer or loose powder; $37.50 for blusher; and $36.50 for pressed powder, brow powder or gel, cake eyeliner, shadow or concealer. Visit threecustom.com or call (888) 262-7714.

Other Resources
    Check out dollar stores, flea markets, garage sales and online auction sites like eBay and Yahoo, and e-tailers like BuyMeBeauty.com and Overstocks4U.com for more discontinued cosmetics.

6. Be VERY careful with Ebay. There are actually sellers out there selling old and even counterfeit cosmetics!! I've seen MAC and Chanel fakes, believe it or not. Your best bet is to see products in person, if you can. That way, you don't get duped into buying something that is not good to wear. Study your packaging and colors well (even brushes) just as you would purses or any other designer goods. Yes, sadly almost everything out there can be faked these days. Makeup is no exception.