Where do all the major ebay sellers get their bags?

I know they... but then WHY are there TWO of them with different names? Did they used to be owned by two different companies and then merged? Or is it to make people think they aren't really the same.
not familiar with their history, but just from my observation, they target two different markets, and I guess it's easier to focus your marketing efforts when the lines are not blurred.
Marshalls seems to be geared more towards the soccer moms, the ladies-who-lunch (and then go for bargains :biggrin:) and generally a more mature, sophisticated audience.
TJ Maxx on the other hand seems to be targeting the younger set. I see a lot of TJ Maxx in college towns.
If you look at their merchandise, they're pretty different (to an extent) too. Marshalls carries a slightly more sophisticated selection (classics) while TJ Maxx is more trendy. I've noticed that the juniors section is usually bigger in TJ Maxx too.

Re: the eBay sellers, I've always wondered about them too! I kinda figured the high designer ones are most probably fake...