Where did you buy your b-bag(s)? Internet v. boutique or dept store

1. Hi everyone, I hope this question hasn't been posted before. I'm just wondering where people buy their b-bags. I really want to buy one, but I'm not too sure whether I want to get it on-line vs. going to a boutique or dept. store. I live about 2 hours from Chicago and was wondering if anyone knew the best place to get it there. Also, I'm going to New York City in July, any recommendations there? I know many dept. stores carry them as well. I guess if I'm going to spend a lot of money on one, I want to get it from the most reputable dealer. I don't do e-bay so that is out.

Any recommendations from your experiences? I'd love to hear your recommendations on both online and brick and mortar stores. Thanks in advance!

Andrea :flowers:

2. Hi Abuti!

The question that I have for you is ... do you currently own any Balenciaga bags? The reason why I ask, is that for me ... one of the major things that I look at it is the Leather. I am SUPER-DUPER picky about the leather (I think there are quite a few of us B-Bag aficionados who would say this). Some like the leather to be smooth, some like it to be more distressed, some like the leather to have crackling, etc.

I have bought some bags off eBay, but I've been collecting B-Bags for a long time and feel comfortable with certain sellers. Bottom line ... if the price is too good to be true, chances are ... it's not the real thing. If you want to go the eBay route, I would highly recommend that you ask the folks here to authenticate it beforehand.

I have only bought from authorized online retailers TWO times: one from Bob Ellis and the other from Diabro. I have to say that while my experiences with both were very positive, I was very unhappy with the leather on one of the bags. As such, I ended up selling it and after that point, made a pact with myself that I would hand inspect the leather on each bag before I buy it (and believe me - the folks at Barneys can tell you that I make them bring out EVERY bag that they have in the color that I want!).

I know that a lot of the folks here have also had very good experiences with Bal-NYC. However, most of the folks (again) know the type of leather that they like and they inform the S/A as such. I guess my advice to you is, go to a store that carries Balenciaga and look, touch & feel the bags before you buy one online.

3. All of my Bbags were purchased on-line. I have yet to actually purchase one from my nearest NM because they don't carry any of the colors or styles that I want anyway so that kind of leaves me with no choice.

4. Thanks to everyone for your responses! I'll probably wait until I go to New York in July and will treat myself to a Balenciaga there.

The question that I have for you is ... do you currently own any Balenciaga bags? The reason why I ask, is that for me ... one of the major things that I look at it is the Leather. I am SUPER-DUPER picky about the leather (I think there are quite a few of us B-Bag aficionados who would say this). Some like the leather to be smooth, some like it to be more distressed, some like the leather to have crackling, etc.

No, I don't own a Balenciaga but I have been eyeing the City bag. I like the leather to be smooth, but agree with you that I would probably want to see it up close and in person.

I have bought some bags off eBay, but I've been collecting B-Bags for a long time and feel comfortable with certain sellers. Bottom line ... if the price is too good to be true, chances are ... it's not the real thing. If you want to go the eBay route, I would highly recommend that you ask the folks here to authenticate it beforehand.

I'd rather buy from a dept. store and not eBay. I agree that if it's too good to be true then it's not the real thing. Thanks for the great info!

5. BALNY:
    no tax, free shipping :smile:

6. I've bought all of mine on-line.

7. I tend to go for older bags (my newest is from 2006) so my sources are limited. Mainly from eBay (various countries) but I always post on the "authenticate this" forum for feedback. Also I really check out the sellers. I have also bought from RDC (real deal collection). So far all has been good. It is just too hard for me to get to my "local" store with all the kiddies.

8. I might as well tag a question along here them... are there any stores in the US that might sell the new colours online other than ebay? I looked through that thread about Reputable Stores Carrying Balenciaga and I really don't see any American online sellers - other than Bluefly, its just that I can't find any B - small leather goods there and I would love the 08Magenta wallet!

9. I have purchased two off ebay, which were authentic and no problems. Otherwise I buy from Barney's and Aloha Rag.

10. 100% internet through ECLuxe, Aloha Rag or Diabro (in that order). After many bad experiences buying second hand Bbags on ebay from sellers that don't know the meaning of "mint", I only buy new now.