Travel Where Are You Going This Year?

I've only been to Costa Rica so far this year. I have a lot of leave to use up before the year is over. Either a long haul trip or a few short ones between. I don't know where I HAVE to go yet. And I'll likely be solo :smile:

I went to HK, Macau, and Taiwan in January with my family. Hoping to go on a cruise before October, but that depends on if I can find one that fits my schedule. Most likely going back to HK and China in December or January.

For real this time:
Jan - south of France
Apr - Brittany, London
May - Geneva
Jun - London, Frankfurt
Aug - Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey
Oct - California

Hi, can I ask you. How will you the raveling from Montenegro to Kosovo? I've been looking to go from Sarajevo to Kosovo but its easier said than done, so would love to hear how others are doing it. Are you driving by car?

Hi, can I ask you. How will you the raveling from Montenegro to Kosovo? I've been looking to go from Sarajevo to Kosovo but its easier said than done, so would love to hear how others are doing it. Are you driving by car?

I plan to go by bus from Podgorica to Pec/Peja. I am honestly a little apprehensive, but according to travel sites and advisories Kosovo is safe on the beaten track away from the Serbian border.

It seems like car would be easier.

Btw, so far I am planning to just take a short stop in Peja and a day in Prishtina. Is there anything else you've heard about that sounds like it would be a shame to miss?

Last edited:
I plan to go by bus from Podgorica to Pec/Peja. I am honestly a little apprehensive, but according to travel sites and advisories Kosovo is safe on the beaten track away from the Serbian border.

It seems like car would be easier.

Btw, so far I am planning to just take a short stop in Peja and a day in Prishtina. Is there anything else you've heard about that sounds like it would be a shame to miss?

Hi, I'v heard the same thing. It shouldn't be any problems going in from Montenegro, its the border to Serbia which is the problem and the place I need to go back too. The trip I want to do means flying into Sarajevo and out from Belgrad and I thought I would do Kosovo in between. Now I'm not sure anymore.

Hi, I'v heard the same thing. It shouldn't be any problems going in from Montenegro, its the border to Serbia which is the problem and the place I need to go back too. The trip I want to do means flying into Sarajevo and out from Belgrad and I thought I would do Kosovo in between. Now I'm not sure anymore.

I was just advised today that crossing the border into Serbia is problematic if you have a Montenegrin entry stamp without a Serbian entry stamp.

I was just advised today that crossing the border into Serbia is problematic if you have a Montenegrin entry stamp without a Serbian entry stamp.

Yes, that is one of the problems. I could fly into Belgrad and out of Sarajevo too. The price is the same. All together I'm thinking of waiting with this trip until next year. I definitely want to visit the area but I'm no hurry.

Your trip sounds super fun though.

Yes, that is one of the problems. I could fly into Belgrad and out of Sarajevo too. The price is the same. All together I'm thinking of waiting with this trip until next year. I definitely want to visit the area but I'm no hurry.

Your trip sounds super fun though.

I've also been advised against hanging out in Kosovo alone, so I may just take the bus straight through :hrmm: Oh, well. I am still pretty excited. I flew into Sarajevo and will fly out of Istanbul.

So far this year, I've been to the following places:

- Barcelona and Madrid, Spain in March for 10 days
- Tokyo, Japan in May for 1 week
- Tarrytown, NY for a wedding during the Canada long weekend

I am planning on one more trip towards the end of the year...I'm leaning towards France...will be going for approx. 10 days.

February - London
March - Barcelona
April - Antwerp
May - London
June - Italy (Viareggio and Firenze)
November - Probably France
December - Iceland (Reykjavik and Akureyri)