where are hte good ppl at?

1. i don't think i'm a saint, but i alwasy try to help people wherever i can, even if it means going out of my way, but it seems that my good deeds aren't paying off. i'm getting screwed over by a stranger ( a friend's friend) and i'm also getting screwed over by a friend (whom i've known for 16 years). i am really depressed about it, i have trouble understand why this world, or at least, my world seems to be full of bad people.
  2. I truly feel your pain, I have lost hope in people lately too.
    DH and I recently purchased a new sectional. When the furniture people delivered it one side of the sectional was broken. We went through this entire ordeal where the furniture company said they would happily replace it with a new sectional, after I took photos and they had to come inspect it!
    I just called on Friday and they went out of business, just closed their doors! They had been stringing me along for weeks, everytime I called they said it's been back ordered or it will be in soon. They knew for awhile they were going to be closing their doors, that just doesn't happen over night!

Keep your chin up takeoutbox....I hope things get better for you soon!
  3. What a shame (for both of you). I honestly have thought the very same thing myself. I do not think that I am perfect by any means, but I would never intentionally screw someone over. I am sorry for you both.
  4. I feel your pain, there are quite a few undesirable people around me I'm sad to say. =( Makes you wonder where they learned to treat people like that...
  5. Chin up! There's always something positive in the face of adversity. I am not making light of how you are feeling, simply telling you that this will pass and with time you'll feel better. When I was really down once, someone shared this with me (it may sound cheesy, but it's true)...
    When you wake up, feeling like life isn't worth living, open your newspaper and look in the obituaries. You'll find many people who would gladly change places with you.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
  6. I totally relate. Not that I even want to get into it on this blog, but I feel your pain. Going through similar things now with old friends. As Fitzgerald said, as we get older we look for friends who do not cause pain and are rather boring; the one's we have had for so long cause too much pain as they are too emotionally entertwined with our lives.
  7. So sorry for the 2 posters who are having all the trouble.
    I have been telling my DH that I just want to move out to the desert & live in an airstream trailer so I don't have to deal with anyone anymore.
  8. How are you getting "screwed over?" Does this also mean "betrayed?" Not sure...