When Will You Stop????

mselika

Mar 28, 2006
I made a list today of all the LVs I want to get; form MC, to Tulum, to denim to epi, etc. etc. Then I started thinking:
1. When will I use all of these? I don't go anywhere.
2. There will always be new LVs that will come out each year that I would want to get.
3. I will just be accumulating more and more LVs

Logical conclusion: There will be a exponential rise in the amount of LVs I will have without a concomitant rise in the amount of time I have to use them.
So, what to do? I have to be intellectually honest with myself and realize that I don't "need" these bags, no matter how gorgeous or how bad I want them.

Do you girls think there will ever be a point where you stop? If not, how are you going to reconcile spending tons of money and accumulating so many bags every year? Will it ever STOP????:hrmm:

mselika said:
I have to be intellectually honest with myself and realize that I don't "need" these bags, no matter how gorgeous or how bad I want them.

I think I've gotten to this point. I've bought and sold and bought and sold so many bags - contantly looking to create the "perfect" collection so that I have a bag for every feasable occasion. I feel like I'm done. Of course down the line I may decide I want another, but for now - I think I'm finally satisfied with what I have :smile:

I use my bags every day and don't really think of them as "going out" bags. They are my "every day" bags so I do get a lot of wear out of them to justify the $$$ spent on them. As long as you don't get yourself in debt over a pretty bag or if it makes you feel better, it's OK in my book. Girls will be girls, you know?:flowers:

Let's just say, I'm more careful w/ my purchases from now on. I used to have a lot of impulse buys and most of these bags just sat in my closet. I still have to get rid of a few but overall, I think I'm pretty satisfied w/ what I have.

I'm not stopping but I am definitely pausing right now. Sure there are bags I'd want but I think it's an aesthetic thing for me right now and not a necessary piece.

I think about that often though, it's an addiction!

I don't have that many bags. I love the ones I do and I don't think I'll buy another bag for a while.....hopefully when I do I will be able to afford the LeFab!!!! Then that will be it for a looooong time. It's funny because you know how job interviewers say, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" My answer would be, "In a Hermes Kelly bag!" And there my collection will be complete! (I hope) (I think) :smile:

winterpearls3 said:
Let's just say, I'm more careful w/ my purchases from now on. I used to have a lot of impulse buys and most of these bags just sat in my closet. I still have to get rid of a few but overall, I think I'm pretty satisfied w/ what I have.
me too...although the batignolles is really calling my name!!