When someone returns a bag, do they resell?

1. I've noticed quite a few threads re: people returning their bags after they have used them.....so my question is...
    Does LV put them back out to sell or do they go somewhere else?
    I expect a new bag when I buy in the boutique:yes: .

2. Yes, of course they sell it, just like any other return. That's why such a short return time allowed.

3. That's just unfortunate...I don't want someones handbag they used for a couple weeks...guess that's why I should examine them good....bummer.

4. i was wondering the same, especially regarding eluxury

were those azur speedy's that were popping up xmas returns?

5. i bought a bag on elux- just b/c i wanted to see it irl. (silly, i know.) i was very careful with it and i did not remove any plastic, i didn't even try it on with the strap. i knew that the bag would go to another home, and i wanted it to be in perfect condition. if i did that, i'm sure others do, too!

6. LV inspects returns and if it's not resaleable there will be no return.

Cogmarks likes this.
  7. Yah, they don't accept anything that cannot be re-sold and they have really high standards of what can be returned.

Cogmarks likes this.
  8. I'd like to hope that most people are as nice as you:smile:

9. The only way for LV to assure that we never get a returned bag is to adopt an "all sales final" policy. I don't think most buyers would prefer that.

10. This generation is fortunate. LV did in fact have a 'ALL SALES FINAL' policy back in the 80's. Think it was changed in the early 90's because of the tech age.

11. I don't remember that, but then again only had a few back then, and they were bought at Macy's.

12. Twinkle, They did in the Post St store back when I bought my first Epi. That's another reason I was very careful to be extremely picky. Otherwise I would have been out of $$$!

13. :roflmfao:

ive never heard of anybody doing that. you must not be very close to lv. :smile:

14. Sure they will sell it. That's why receipts stated the refund policy. You have to return the bags in saleable condition.

15. it was the mono stephen- lv isn't THAT far, but it's NOT convenient at all. and, there was no guarantee it would be there, anyway. i LOVED this bag, but irl, it was not for me.