when issues collide

dressage queen you might be giving me the nerve to wear the pearls as i would - just as you described, "just wear the buggers." love the idea that they're organic. no makeup or hairspray, so i guess i can't harm them much. what about this frigid weather?
dc120 ita, for me too, modern=timeless...and coco was a genius, but what's YMVV?
gga:blush:
la van i agree, the length is good. they still feel cumbersome to me and i think i would love a choker/very short strand or something, but since i just got them ... about 17 hours ago, it's too soon to make a decision like that, and i'd be very intimidated by the process. gga says "document" but i'm so pearl-ignorant, i think i shouldn't dare attempt it.
lovehermes, socal, pbc, mree43 thank you.
ninja sue am i? a pearl girl? haven't found "my" jewelry yet, so i'm open to that.
winternight the skin is soap and water and genetics. the figure is 1 part genetics and 1 part justice (had to wait a long time but now i guess enduring all the teasing in school - skinnier than a stick - was worth it in the long run. i tried body-building shakes, so pathetic, in high school hoping to put on some weight). on, and winternight, i understand the colander! while the pearls are leading me in an interesting direction now, the other thing i got from my grandmother, that i actually asked for, was her sewing box. it's from the '40s. mom will bring that on her next visit in march.

HH, I finally got to this thread.......well, I DO know a bit about pearls, and let me tell you, those are sensational!

i have to take your word for it. and everyone else's. i so appreciate that too.

rose you and a number of others, i hope you realize, are talking me out of a new pochette. lol but you may be right as far as the pearls are concerned.:flowers:

^^^All I meant by "document" is that you leave a note or letter with them telling its history and making sure your DD (or possible DGD) knows that at one time the bracelet and necklace were a single strand. This is to prevent the group from accidentally being separated. I didn't mean to make it sound complicated.

Go buy a pochette anyway!

Sweetpea (love this term so I'm adopting it for you) - you can wear those pearls right along with your Converse All Stars and jeans. Trust me.
I just wait a few minutes before putting mine on after I've put on makeup and perfume. And I keep them out of a box and touch them everyday.
I DO need to have mine restrung, though! hehe

oh gga you had me:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:
DGD...:nuts: :yahoo: :yahoo: how fabulous would that be! wow, i am getting way ahead of myself, but still... lol
greentea i'm loving it!:shame: and you know i'm wearing levis as i type. the converse are retired for the season, and i'm considering moving in a different direction, but yes, you know me well it seems and this was a concern. the pearls were recently restrung - when my mom had them appraised/checked out, etc. but now i will be thinking about having them shortened...*gulp* it might make them less dramatic, but then maybe more wearable (should i tell you all about the 3 strand choker with diamond clasp i said "H no" to? i told my mom she could keep that or give it to my sister. beyond ridiculous for me), and they're not thin, so a shorter length would almost emphasize their nice size... but if any of you feel strongly one way or the other, i'll trust you, really i will!

^ I'd keep them long!! Mine are shorter and I wish they were long like yours. If, by chance, you find yourself at a formal function, double that sucker and you'll be the envy of everyone in the room. But for funky blazed with jeans, or over a cool belter cardigan, I LOVE the long length!! More versatile. Not as common. More beauty to drool over! And you have the neck to pull it off.

la van my mom had it restrung a few weeks ago before she brought it to me.:flowers:
greentea do you have a background in advertising? lol you're very convincing and you're saying all the right things to sway me to your point of view. lol sounds good.

what about in the cold - can i wear pearls in this cold? with my purse. with my clemence raisin cacahuete (feel bad that we've veered a bit off hermes course - but everyone's trusted perspective means a lot to me, and truly, my original post was very hermes-based...)