When friends copy you...

bagnshoofetish said:
my sane friends have ocassionally asked me where I got something, or complimented some article of clothing and have asked if I minded if they got the same thing. sometimes, I'll actually go out and buy it for them. and they don't wear/use the item in front of me. now THATS normal.

EXACTLY!! my friends now ask where i get my stuff and compliment, and sometimes wear similar styles.. but not the exact same thing. and that's totally fine with me.

of course, since all my friends are str8 guys that know and are cool that i'm gay.. so if we ARE caught wearing the same thing, we're the butt of the jokes for the entire week (not day! week!) along the lines of, "did you guys call each other before you came out here?" or "so what color are you gonna wear tomorrow? blue? cuz so-and-so said he's wearing green." -____- :P haha.

frozen7313 said:
EXACTLY!! my friends now ask where i get my stuff and compliment, and sometimes wear similar styles.. but not the exact same thing. and that's totally fine with me.

of course, since all my friends are str8 guys that know and are cool that i'm gay.. so if we ARE caught wearing the same thing, we're the butt of the jokes for the entire week (not day! week!) along the lines of, "did you guys call each other before you came out here?" or "so what color are you gonna wear tomorrow? blue? cuz so-and-so said he's wearing green." -____- :P haha.
reminds me of a Seinfeld bit about how a gay couples wardrobe automatically doubles when they move in together! fringe benefits! so to speak ; )

I find it very annoying! I have a friend who keep asking me to open my closet everytime when she is in my house and show her what is inside.At the beginning I tought it was fun.But then she started to copy all my clothings and bags, and since then, I stop showing her my new purchases, espcly my bag! Everytime when I went shopping, I told her that I didnt buy anything..hehe...
I know that she like my style, but i think my style just doesnt really suit her. Anyway, she can never have my style...

I have a friend like that.. she's nice, but holy cow, it gets me soo angry. It's literally like this : I buy a lace cami, she buys a lace cami, I buy a pair of peep toe heels, she buys the same pair. I buy a Dooney, she buys a Dooney.
Geez, she drives me crazy! She doesn't look as good as I do, though ;)

In fact, she look so unfortunate and like she has no idea what she's doing most of the time.

I don't mind, usually my friends will give credit where credit is due.

I hate when girls do it and are snotty about it. I had a girl tell me that she didn't like Louis Vuitton because she didn't like brown, mind you she knew I LOVED it and was using a LV BAG at the time, although I could of made her look REAL stupid, (we all know there is much more to LV than just mono) I just smiled and let her have her opinion. Afterwards she became a LV addict. To top it off, her first bag was from the MONO line!

^^ what a meany face! Some girls are terrible.....most of my friends are guys because I can't stand people like that!

I don't mind when a friend compliments me on something, or likes my style....but when it comes to my "best friend" going through my closet and STEALING my things and denying it to my face, I get pissed. :evil:

Ug, I've been really lucky that no one I'm extremely close with has tried to copy me. But I don't have any friends willing to spend what I spend on clothing and accessories.