when did you buy your first chanel?

Lv2shopp said:
This is a fun thread. Am I the oldest here ...... LOL
I had my first designer bag when I was 15, it was a Gucci. Since then my taste has expanded to many other designers. I have always loved handbags.... I am 49 and purchased my first Chanel last week. No reason really why I waited so long. Just fell in love with Chanel. So far, I have purchased 4 handbags and 2 wallets. Taking a shopping break for now. Once I found this forum, I knew I was in trouble. You are all so sweet and so much fun!! Chanel is very addictive.:upsidedown:
if that is a pict of you in that avatar you def dont look 49!

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
Oh you MUST post photos when you recieve it! :yes:

I will. I should get it next Tuesday. They had one in the store that was on hold for another customer that I could see. I loved it. Now that my daughter can teach me how to use a digital camera and post online - I'm set!!:wlae:

I bought my first 3 Chanel bags at the same time last winter while I was working. Yup...all 3 Chanel bags and the best thing was I got 51% off of all of them!! I was so excited because I finally got my dream black Cerf tote, Chanel Kelly and a bowler bag that I later gave to my aunt. I'm looking forward to getting even more Chanel bags this year!! :yahoo:

I was 23, practically at the poverty level, when my friend got her first Chanel as a gift from her husband. It was such a lovely bag and the way she gushed over it inspired me and I vowed that one day I would own a Chanel bag. I finally did 15 years later :yahoo: and I've managed to acquire 4 pieces in one year and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! It's like my tattoos - can't stop at one cuz I'm addicted!!

i bought mine when i was 23 after being promoted in my workplace and i just bought another one (i'm 24 now) after being promoted again. i will treat myself to a chanel with any excuses....:lol:

Hi Aarti,
What a sweetie you are!! Yes that is my pic. That was taken this summer, at my middle son's High School Graduation. Time goes so fast!!Thanks for the compliment about the age thing. I feel like I am still in my 20's lol. :rolleyes:

I just got it this year, at the age of 25. But I am married, out of college, and working so I justified the expense :smile:

However, my cousin is 18 and she's been wanting a Chanel for at least 2 years now so I think you can love Chanel at any age!

Lv2shopp said:
This is a fun thread. Am I the oldest here ...... LOL
I had my first designer bag when I was 15, it was a Gucci. Since then my taste has expanded to many other designers. I have always loved handbags.... I am 49 and purchased my first Chanel last week. No reason really why I waited so long. Just fell in love with Chanel. So far, I have purchased 4 handbags and 2 wallets. Taking a shopping break for now. Once I found this forum, I knew I was in trouble. You are all so sweet and so much fun!! Chanel is very addictive.:upsidedown:

I got my first Chanel last year for my 48th bday to be exact. Glad to know that I'm not the only one in their late forties here. Chanel was the trigger to designer bags. I now own 4 Chanel bags and 3 LV's:love: