What's your theory on bags?

1. this question is inspired by the ramblings of lady deluxe............la la la ........so thats my theory on bags..............

Mine is if its at the store when I am there its meant to be (as I have decided I'm not going to chase Chanel anymore).
  2. mine is if its meant to be it will be. if they dont have a color/style i fall in love with, i wont chase it too far.
  3. My theory is save for what you really want, rather than trying to find a similar one for less. Your obsession will never end.
  4. a bag is the thing that reflects u most because it is the place u carry all ur things around.
    and never give up and bought a subtitutes because you will always craving for the one u want at first.
  5. I think it's meant to be if I can't get the purse off of my mind..even lying in bed and drifting off to sleep... =D
  6. If you think you want a bag wait a month. If after that month you still want it, buy it. Then put it away for a week. After the week is up, pull it back out. If it still makes your heart skip a beat, it's a keeper.
  7. Never to obsess about a particular bag that I can't find, because next month I'll see something else I want just as much!:lol:
  8. I don't have a theory... If I like it and I have the money, I buy it :shame:
  9. So true!!! I do this with anything expensive! It truly helps with buyer’s remorse!
  10. That is very good advice. I've just been having a wardrobe tidy, and I've found at least 4 cheaper bags that I don't even like that much - if I hadn't bought them I could have had the Miu Miu one I really wanted. I think therein lies my New Year's resolution ;)
  11. Ya.
  12. If it was meant to be it will be...no settling for 2nd best.
  13. If it's meant to be, then I'll find it on sale.
  14. Mine is similar... but I think it pays to have a very clear idea as to what you want, otherwise you'll end up frittering money away on pretty bags you see here and there, whilst all the while lamenting it's taking you ages to save for that birkin / classic flap / paddy / whatever.

My boyfriend has implemented a 14 bag rule - I can have 7 'name' bags and 7 unknown designer bags... this has been good for me too - it makes me really choose carefully!
  15. I think they add polish to my wardrobe and I feel better about myself knowing I'm wearing a great handbag.