What's your response to questions re:price

If the person asking isn't a close friend I would say "I hope you're not one of those people who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." Not a nice response but should silence them. If it were a close friend I might be inclined to tell.

For you married ladies, tell your husband "This bag is still cheaper than a divorce!"

To be honest, I hate people knowing my business, so I laugh the question off or downplay the amount and say I bought it secondhand.

I just assume that they need to know (much as we do on this site) to be able to plan how to fiance a purchase for themselves. So, I am just honest.

I so agree, HG. And I love your new avatar! I should try assembling all my orange boxes some day. They are in the attic, my closet, spare bed room, my office.... :P

Suggested Response #1 - For handling those mean or jealous people ;)
"I found it at the bottom of a crackerjack box."

They'll look at you like you're crazy, but if they have any intelligence, they will know enough to shut up.

Suggested Response #2 - when delivered sincerely will always work! :yes:
One approach is to assume that when someone asks you how much your bag cost, it's because they want one too. So you can say, "Well, I'm not sure how much new ones are going for these days, and it varies with the style, the choice of leather, etc. But if you just stop by the Hermes boutique, I'm sure they'll be glad to go over the different options with you."

If the person then makes it clear that they are just asking to be nosy, that's the time to smile coldly and indicate that you'd prefer not to have a conversation about how much all your various possessions cost.

If I like the person, I ignore the question and simply dont answer it. If I dont like the person or feel they need some "tough love", I say "I am surprised you would ask such an impertinent question"

Most people know better than to ask me such things.

PS - my husband doesnt ask - I always tell him, upfront, what I am spending on anything - my philosophy is - in a marriage, its full disclosure, ALWAYS!!

There was a similar thread some months ago & I believe it was the inimitable lilach who, when asked how much her bag cost, retorted:

"More than the trailer you live in" !!
:roflmfao::roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
I'll never forget it.