What's your favourite face wash?

It depends on what kind of cleanser you're after (lotion, balm, foaming etc.) and whether it's primarily to remove makeup or to wash your fash with in the morning, or both.

I personally think that Dermologica Special Cleansing Gel is fantastic both to wash your face with in the morning and to take off makeup. It keeps skin clear and seems to work for all skin types - I've got mature normal/dry skin and I use it regularly, and my 16 year old nephew who had the most horrendous acne I have ever seen :wtf: :yucky: (no really, you should have seen it...) also started using it and his skin practically cleared within 2 months. It was awesome!

Shiseido cleansing oil is very, very good at taking off makeup (I have the green one, but they do other ones depending on your skin type).

Whatever you go for, good luck and hope that you find one that works brilliantly for you.:yes:

I love Cetaphil - the gentle skin cleanser (liquid) for the morning and cleansing bar (soap) for the evening (the soap washes off your makeup better than the liquid version). Very mild and inexpensive! It ALWAYS wins beauty awards in the magazines!! :tup:

I like Foam and I love the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash. Have been using it for years now! A great wake-me-up in the mornings.

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/body...sp?categoryId=cat3840005&productId=prod170252

"Best if you want to:
Enjoy the tingle of peppermint as you unclog pores and wash away make-up, dirt and excess oil with a refreshing, lightweight liquid-to-foam cleanser.

How it works:
Triple-action organic Community Trade tea tree oil, which is naturally antiseptic and soothing, controls oil, combats existing blemishes and prevents new ones without over-drying skin.
Community Trade peppermint essential oil cools and refreshes skin.
A non-aerosol pump transforms the liquid formulation in the bottle into a light, silky foam."

Last edited:
I have to say, I've tried many cleansers including drugstore brands and pricey ones and I reallly like the Aveeno Naturals Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser. It cleans really well and it's not harsh!

Hi All,

I am trying to get a new cleanser, well a new skincare regime. I have combo skin, clear skin, no break outs, occasional oil in the TZone. Is there a cleanser you guys like or suggest that has been tried and true? I have used all sorts from Clean & Clear, Nutrogena, Clinique, DHC, Kanebo, H2O, to name a few and haven't fallen in love with any so far. Please suggest. Thanks!

Natural products, im 47 years old and the less para** (preservatives) in the products the better.

great lines at Sephora, Boscia, Ole Henrikson (sp?) all great. I love Ole's on the go cleanser.

another great cleanser but not as natural as the others is Laura Mercier's one step. takes all your MU off and your skin really feels soft and balanced. doesn't have that residue effect nor the tight dry feeling. great in the shower because it has a pump. Same with the Boscia. i like the MakeUp - BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil ,

you can check out the ingredients on the Sephora website. some good stuff.

Avon is the best...the green tube with the microbeads is an all around great everyday one. But I do recommend that with any cleanser you are using the clarisonic brush to apply and scrub your face. Without it, your soap is not being used efficiently...look into it at Sephora; it is expensive but worth the money for sure.

Foam cleanser:
1. Lancome's Mousse Radiance
2. La Prairie's Foam Cleanser
3. Shiseido's Benefiance foam cleanser (?)

Oil:
1. MAC's Cleanse Off Oil
2. Shu Uemera's green bottled oil cleanser lol

Book an appt with a dermatologist. The appt may be expensive but you will save big bucks by not buying lots of products that are not right for you over many years.

I used Neiman Marcus' products and other high-end face cleansing and makeup systems for years with disappoiting results. In frustration, I booked an appt with a dermotologist. I wanted better skin even if the doc charged big bucks.

The derm doc told me to wash my face with Cetaphil. Super cheap at any local drugstore. She also told me to use a moisturizer with SPF protection by the same company. Also super cheap.

Derm doc also told me to add a prescription antibacterial to the facial moisturizer.

Luckily, the Rx stuff has gone generic so I only pay $10 for a two month supply.

Best of luck to you!!!

Hi All!

Thanks so much for all your replies! I have heard many good things about Loccitane and Cetaphil. But I went shopping today, and trickled into Lush...love their bath products! So since I was looking for a cleanser, figure I'll just take a look at theirs since they had a skincare line.

So after speaking with one the girls there, I ended up buying:
Herbalism Cleanser
Ocean Salt Cleanser
Breath Of Fresh Air Toner

They're made of all natural and fresh ingredients. I got the Ocean Salt Cleanser as the exfoliator. I haven't used them yet, but I will tonight and let you all know how that goes! I'm soooo excited! :yahoo:

Thanks again for everything!

It depends on what kind of cleanser you're after (lotion, balm, foaming etc.) and whether it's primarily to remove makeup or to wash your fash with in the morning, or both.

I personally think that Dermologica Special Cleansing Gel is fantastic both to wash your face with in the morning and to take off makeup. It keeps skin clear and seems to work for all skin types - I've got mature normal/dry skin and I use it regularly, and my 16 year old nephew who had the most horrendous acne I have ever seen :wtf: :yucky: (no really, you should have seen it...) also started using it and his skin practically cleared within 2 months. It was awesome!

Shiseido cleansing oil is very, very good at taking off makeup (I have the green one, but they do other ones depending on your skin type).

Whatever you go for, good luck and hope that you find one that works brilliantly for you.:yes:

Oops! Meant Shu Uemura here, NOT Shiseido - I'm always getting those 2 muddled!:Push: (Although Shiseido do a fantastic eye gel and foundation stick!)

Anyway, happy cleansing with your Lush products.:tup:

So I used the Herbalism cleanser and the Toner last night and this morning. The Herbalism cleanser isn't a foam cleanser and doesn't have the elements of a normal face wash products that I've used in the past. I took a pea sized of the Herbalism and mixed in my palm of my hands with water to create a lather. It doesn't lather up like a facial soap or foam cleansers. I swished all over my face and rubbed it all over. Initially, I wasn't sure if I liked or not because it was just so different from all of the other cleansers I've used. I rinsed my face off with water and surprisingly, found my skin cleaned and refreshed. It wasn't tight or dry. Overall, I like the cleanser. I think I will have to get used to not getting the foam. I don't how this cleanser works with removing makeup because both times I've used it, I didn't have makeup on. You might have to use a makeup remover first and then the Herbalism cleanser.

I followed it up with the toner which is a spritz. I LOVE the toner! It was very refreshing and moisturizing. Didn't dry out my skin like some of the alcohol based toners have in the past. I haven't used the Ocean Salt Cleanser yet. But will and let you all know how that works out!

Thanks Cornflower Blue! I will look into that! Really appreciate it! I love Shu Uemura too! Heehee! ;)