What's your favorite zucchini recipe?

1. I have 2 zucchini plants in my garden and I have a surplus of zucchinis. I have just been grilling, i know there is zucchini bread but what else can I do with all these zucchinis??

THANKS!!!!!!!

2. I have THE best zuchini cake recipe. It is unlike any other than I have ever seen. I got it from the chocolate and zuchini website. I'll see if I can find it.

Here's the website: it is great!
    ChoclateAndZuchini

3. OK, I just did a cut/paste but here it is. I make it without the nut topping and use either none or just a plain choc. frosting. My kids LOVE this cake.

Chocolate & Zucchini Cake
    - 1 1/2 C (180 g) all-purpose flour?- 1/2 C (60 g) whole wheat flour (of course, you can just use 2 C / 240 g all-purpose flour, I was just trying to be good)?- 1/2 C (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder?- 1 tsp baking soda?- 1/2 tsp baking powder?- 1/2 tsp salt?- 1/2 C (110 g) butter, softened?- 1 C (160 g) light brown sugar?- 1 tsp vanilla extract?- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (the Nescafé type, the stronger the better)?- 3 eggs, at room temperature?- 2 C zucchini, unpeeled, grated (about 280 g, two medium)?- 1 C (170 g) chocolate chips
    Topping :?- 40 g light brown sugar?- 1/2 C (70 g) hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
    (Serves 10.)

Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F). Grease a 3 quart (3 L) springform cake pan, and flour it or sprinkle with cocoa powder : this is to help the cake unmold easily, especially if you're not using a magic non-stick pan.
    In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
    In your food processor, combine the sugar and butter, and mix until fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and espresso powder, then the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition.

Spoon in the flour mixture, reserving the last half-cup of it. Mix thoroughly, the batter will be thick.
    Add the grated zucchini and the chocolate chips to the reserved flour mixture, and toss to coat. Fold in the batter, and blend thoroughly, it's fun. Pour into the prepared cake pan, and flatten the surface with a spatula.

In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients, and sprinkle all over the batter. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Turn out on a rack to cool for half an hour, then unmold.

4. And here's a vegetable tian from the Barefoot Contessa. I have it saved on my computer as a .jpg Not sure how that happened but it works for me. If you can't read it let me know.

VegTian.jpg
  5. [​IMG]

6. try this...

grate a zuccini, and a carrot. Saute with butter, a little chopped onion and garlic, and your favorite herbs. Add to cooked orzo pasta and season to taste for a lovely side dish.

7. Recently, I've tried breading it in every way possible and baking it, but that isn't working out. I guess when you bread veggies like that it works best to fry them, unless someone out there has a better suggestion! I'm thinking about adding it, grated, to my Lamb Meatloaf tomorrow

8. GRILLED!!!:heart: Cut lengthwise in half (cut just a weee bit off the bottom of each half so that the bottom is flat). Brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with Garlic, salt, pepper and chives and grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Very yummy......even my husband likes it this way.

9. I will try the cake!! My mom has made the barefoot contessa recipe last summer... she is obsessed with her and has every single book she has made!!

10. YUM!!!!! My favourite is the flowers. I stuff them with soft goatcheese, ricotta and basil, lightly batter them and quickly deep-fry them. Then serve them with a simple italian tomato sauce.

Mind you, last time I did this I set my kitchen on fire :shame:

11. i've never had zucchini cake, but i love to put it in the saucepan with some olive oil, salt and pepper! mmm! tastes good in the oven too.

12. BEST CAKE EVER!! I just made it/ate some!!

13. A lot of times we slice it and then put olive oil and salt and pepper on both sides and then grill it.

I haven't fixed this yet, but one of my mom's friends gave her this recipe:

Slice or dice zucchini and saute in butter or margarine with some diced onion. Then add a can of Hunt's stewed tomatoes and some oregano and Italian seasonings to that. Heat through and it's ready.

14. Thanks! I think so too!! I am a really good baker and get tons of compliments on this cake. It is so moist and chocolatey. Not too sugary. LOVE IT!!

15. I love zucchini!!!

One of my favorite ways to prepare it is so quick, easy, and even Lil Max's vege-phobic friends will eat it....

I carmelize some thinly sliced onions in a little butter or olive oil. Then I add some sliced or cubed zucchini and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. You may also add sliced mushrooms if you like. Cook for a couple of minutes and top with shredded parmasian cheese (if desired) before serving.

Another thing I love zucchini for is making lasagana. I layer zucchini with the noodles, sauce, and cheese instead of meat...yum!!!