Food What's your favorite "state fair" food?

- Smoked turkey legs
- Funnel cake
- Giant pickles
- Corn on the cob

I went to the Orange County Fair a few weeks ago and noticed the new thing was deep fried Coke. I tried it and it wasn't bad. Did anyone else's fair have this?

And what are elephant ears?? It seems like a lot of us are curious :smile:

i just looked up elephant ears because i guess our fair has them too and i never knew what they were! seems as though they're a lot like funnel cakes only one big thing of dough and then topped with powered sugar or other stuff like funnel cakes.

the iowa state fair started last thursday and i went.... fried cheese curds (YUM!)...

Everytime I'm in Iowa I live on "Cheese Balls". I live in Vegas and fried cheese curds are darn near impossible to find here on the West Coast. Those and Sterzing's potato chips are why I like to visit Iowa. :tup:

For Fair food I love ...

Funnel Cake (apparently I'm in good company here :yes:)

Corn on the Cob dripping in melted butter with lots of salt

Peach Lemonade

Deep Fried Oreos? Such heavenly concotion exists?

:drool:

Seriously.. I just gained about 5 pounds from reading this thread. I love going to the fair and stuffing myself with the food there and I also love that I have the wonderful ability to eat massive amounts of fat and sugar and then be flipped upside down 20 times and not even feel the slightest bit queasy. It's a gift I tell ya. But as much as I love fair food, I can only handle it once a year MAX. It doesn't taste too great if you eat it 2 nights in a row LOL. And speaking of fairs.. some of the people that work at the fairs kinda creep me out. LOL.. I've had a few experiences :shocked:

Deep Fried Oreos? Such heavenly concotion exists?

:drool:

Seriously.. I just gained about 5 pounds from reading this thread. I love going to the fair and stuffing myself with the food there and I also love that I have the wonderful ability to eat massive amounts of fat and sugar and then be flipped upside down 20 times and not even feel the slightest bit queasy. It's a gift I tell ya. But as much as I love fair food, I can only handle it once a year MAX. It doesn't taste too great if you eat it 2 nights in a row LOL. And speaking of fairs.. some of the people that work at the fairs kinda creep me out. LOL.. I've had a few experiences :shocked:

PS, wouldn't you love to go to the fair with Anthony Bourdain??
bourdain_305_01_320x240.jpg

Everytime I'm in Iowa I live on "Cheese Balls". I live in Vegas and fried cheese curds are darn near impossible to find here on the West Coast. Those and Sterzing's potato chips are why I like to visit Iowa. :tup:

For Fair food I love ...

Funnel Cake (apparently I'm in good company here :yes:)

Corn on the Cob dripping in melted butter with lots of salt

Peach Lemonade

I LOOVVVEEEE cheese balls. one of my favorite things. i would probably die if i didn't find them anywhere, but thankfully they're becoming more common in restaurants now. one of my old roomates love sterzings potato chips too, apparently they were made in his home town.

our fair ended yesterday..... :sad: sad
my list of foods i ate are:
corn dog, cheese curds, dip-n-dots, hot beef sundae, potato lollipop, apple fries, fried oreos, and a walking taco. along with lemonade and a couple cherry cokes :smile: