Food What's your favorite "state fair" food?

My favs. are.....

*Mozzarella sticks
*Elephant ears
*Corn Dogs
*Fried Pickles
*Chicken sandwiches--our local county fair has a local church that makes TO DIE FOR chicken sandwiches!!!! My mouth is watering thinking about them!!!! Ah I can't wait until the second week of Oct. to have one!!!!!

Ughhhh lol no one in my family can eat any of that funnel cake/fried dough junk, it's disgusting haha; my sister begged for one when she was little and promptly threw up the first bite...never again, hah! I think the only thing I like at state fairs are candy apples (just the regular red ones)

I love turkey legs at the Renaissance Festival though, and bread bowls of soup there with the roasted/toasted cinnamon nuts for dessert.

My local fair has these awesome Fisher's scones with yummy raspberry jam in them! I love them so much, every year I look forward to going just to eat them! They sell the mix in a bag, but for some reason I have never bought that. Oh yeah and the big authentic lemonade! Lemonade isn't as common here in Canada so it's always a treat for me!

reading the title of this topic made my heart race. all year long i think about fair food... this year i even told my parents that if i ever get married the food at the reception will be "fair food"

the iowa state fair started last thursday and i went. planning on going tomorrow night and possibly thursday night. all other nights i have to work :sad:

here's what i ate thursday night

Corn dog, fried cheese curds (YUM!), dippin dots

along with those, here are my other favs that i plan on eatting these next few days.

I am going to try my first ever fried oreo! i hear they're amazing. funnel cakes, hot beef sundae (new thing they made last year, looks like an ice cream sundae only it's beef with mashed potatoes, gravy and a cherry tomato on top... umm... foot longs... i want to try a fried pickle.... everyone here loves the pork chop on a stick and turkey legs... onion strings... there is just so much i can't remember them all!! i love fair food!!!!!

this year they have a potato lollipop. new this year i guess it's pieces of potatos deep fried and then you get some dipping sauces. i plan on trying it.

what are elephant ears???

Oh man, those freshly made corn dogs and cotton candy and the lemon shake ups. That stuff is phenomenal and horribly fattening. Good thing the fair only comes around here once a year!