What's your favorite online store and why?

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
With so many online e-tailers and in the midst of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, what is your favorite online store to shop at and why?

Reactions: Jippy
These are more general than just bags:

(Need I even say) Gucci! I look forward to every new item that comes in and it's a wealth of eye-candy and info, which in turn helps me make educated requests to my in-store SA.

Hermes: Serious shopping, and lately I have been finding as much online as I have in-store

Matches. Everything has always gone smoothly and I :heart: their lovely marble-print boxes that I use as storage because they fit so perfectly with my wardrobe decor.

YOOX for everything I've missed in previous seasons. If you're after bargains, watch their prices though and know your stuff, as their pricing can seriously be off. 20% discount may sound great but something can still be more than it ever was retail.

I've only bought a couple of times from there but NAP, just because I get info on lots of designers. For me it's a browse-fest rather than a serious shop.

From the high street, Marks and Spencers. Actually not the greatest site at all but it takes the pain away from basic tee-shirt and underwear shopping.

I have good luck with Harrod's for price, selection and next day air with free shipping.

Some days I think Amazon would go out of business if I stopped shopping with them.
Get all my toiletries, just everything you use daily around the house. Purchased my TVs, laptop and just purchased my Arlo home security camera system that I LOVE from Amazon.

I like Farfech also, but some of their designers are from the prior years offering: so would expect better price.
I'm sure of that with many of their Moncler coats, not all but many.

Last edited:
I still prefer the brick and mortar store experience (along with the instant gratification factor) when buying most anything, so I tend to prefer online sites that have things that are difficult to get otherwise.

I've had good luck with Luisaviaroma and Yoox. They're both a bit overwhelming in their selection, but the prices are fair and I can find unique pieces. I also enjoy surfing Etsy when I have time, but it takes some time to find the true artisans. Huge fan of Everlane too. The clothes are so comfy and their customer service is top-notch. Albion Fit and Lorna Jane; I love their workout clothes. There's an LJ by where I live now, but I check out all the new arrivals online.

Last month for Diwali, i bought a beautiful cross body bag in scarlet online from ilexlondon.com. Immensely happy with the product, not to mention the timely delivery. Also they had some kind of a festive offer running from which i got to save almost 1000 bucks. I think the site is pretty incredible. A must visit for those with a fe tish for luxe leather bags.

Reactions: CallaBerry
I am probably odd in that I hate shopping online. Absolutely hate it. I need to be able to try something on and being 100% sure it has a place in my life before committing to it, plus I like the entire experience of being able to build a relationship with a SA, go to a boutique and look at the items in person, have the experience of being in store...

My current favorite websites to browse and plan out future purchases are Hermes and Bergdorf Goodman, but I use them mainly for reference and to go in with an idea of what I am looking for. I do my actual purchasing in store.

If I do purchase something online, it is usually novels from Amazon.jp if my local Japanese bookstore can't get hold of what I want.

Currently addicted to Poshmark buying & selling & sharing platform- a lot of fun; rice and beans vintage- just stunning Chanel & Hermes Vintage items (able to lay way) however things go quick;-Lollipuff fantastic Herve Leger dresses and Lobu's .

I like shopping online for taking advantage of cash back offers (e.g. Shop Through Chase, a popular online rebates site without the r, etc), but at the same time I like building a relationship with SAs at luxury boutiques.

I used to frequent NAP much more often back in the day (when they still had a "Your Wardrobe" section under your account). But now, I think I only stop by during their semi-annual clearance sales.

I pick up most my clothes and shoes these days at sample sales in person (if not at a boutique), but I really enjoy shopping at Everlane, which is online only, I believe. Otherwise, I try and keep a list of everything I'm eyeing and take advantage of Barney's purple gift card offers throughout the year and get cash back on those purchases (see above).

I do like Amazon for shopping through its smile.amazon.com page, where a portion of all purchases goes towards a charity of your choice.

I am probably odd in that I hate shopping online. Absolutely hate it. I need to be able to try something on and being 100% sure it has a place in my life before committing to it, plus I like the entire experience of being able to build a relationship with a SA, go to a boutique and look at the items in person, have the experience of being in store...

My current favorite websites to browse and plan out future purchases are Hermes and Bergdorf Goodman, but I use them mainly for reference and to go in with an idea of what I am looking for. I do my actual purchasing in store.

If I do purchase something online, it is usually novels from Amazon.jp if my local Japanese bookstore can't get hold of what I want.
Not odd. Not fond of online shopping, either.
Those teeny photos & flowery descriptions never match what arrives.
Plus scrolling through screens & tapping keys, rather than drifting into cafe along shopping route, is much less tasty. ;)

I agree with most people here, online shopping is hard and not always satisfying. I like feeling an item, seeing it in person, how it looks on me, etc.
However, makeup for me is something I can buy online with ease. Sephora would be my go-to online store, or any other makeup retailer. BH, Colourpop, etc. I love ordering from them.

I do like Farfetch, Amazon and Nordstrom. But like others, I do prefer to shop in person (well at least see the item. And then if I can find that item cheaper on line, I would prefer to do that afterwards. I also like getting cash back when I go through those cash back websites).