What's your "bag philosophy"?

1. I know that sounds weird, but I was thinking about this when looking at people's collections.

There seems to be a few schools of thought about bag collecting here:
    1. Whatever is most functional (e.g. goes with everything, most practical)
    2. Designer allegiance!
    3. "It bag" or "Latest It designer" collectors
    4. "Art" collectors/Quality collectors
    I would put myself in #4 -- I don't have one particular designer. I'm attracted to the style and the quality, and as a result, I'm all over the map with the makers of my bags.

How about you all?
  2. I am a cross between #1 and #2.

I used to be soooo faithful to Piero Guidi....all Piero Guidi all the time! LOL

But now I am looking to fall in love with a brand that makes want to buy more and more pieces to collect, as well as being functional.

For me, a really great bag is not only nice to look at, but is easy to get in/out of, holds all my junk (since I have a lot!), has extra compartments....etc.
  3. I am pretty much a #4. :yes:
  4. 1, 2 and 4 - i have a weird philosophy like I love one bag so I want it in all variations but I also like practical bags for everyday. also I have my fav designers and I will stick with those for a while I am sure.
  5. I guess I'm a #1 and a #4. I'm all over the map when it comes to designers, and I like to buy quality bags that will last. I am also drawn to classic pieces that I can wear for years down the road without looking dated. But I may also throw in a trendier piece here and there.
  6. I am a cross between #2 and #4. I like LV and MJ bags and attracted to any bags which are arty and cute, especially any kisslock or clutch bags. :heart:
  7. Hmmm. I think #1 and 4 best apply to me. The only thing I can absolutely rule out is #3 - I just don't like seeing "my" bag everywhere! But if it's a really great bag, I might go ahead and get it anyway.

I love certain designers, LV and MJ in particular, but have noticed that I'm becoming more and more interested in the mid-end brands, Kooba, Botkier, HH, etc. They seem to be getting better and better in quality and I like that they're less commonly seen around here.
  8. I guess I am a 1,2 mix. I love certain designers but only buy bags that are beautiful and functional.
  9. I think I am a mix of 1 & 2 as well. I tend to only consider certain designers, but within those, only buy items that are functional to my lifestyle... Well, you know - usually. :graucho:
  10. A mix of #1 and 2 is what I am. I love beautiful bags for their own sake but won't necessarily buy them unless they are fairly practical and easy to use. In NYC one gets used to a fast pace and I can't have my bag slowing me down!:smile: However, I really love Marc Jacobs!
  11. Guess I'm a mix between #1 and #4...I like having a varied collection, thus nice quality bags from different designers. More than anything for me, though is a choice of colors. I wear mostly neutrals, so love my bag to be my solid pop of color! (Nothing too crazy, though- my faves right now are my Balenciaga Bordeaux and R. Minkoff Royal Blue...yum)!
  12. Hmm, I would say #1 and #4, I have a mix of designers as I go for the individual bag, and the bag I love varies season to season, but they do have to be usable/practical too -- so nothing too delicate.
  13. A bit of number 1, 2 and 4.

I buy a bag because I like the design and quality of the bag. I like a medium sized/edgy/modern bag thus the CITY!! I have allegiance to Balenciaga right now, used to be loyal to LV but not anymore.
  14. I am a little of #1 and #4. I love to chose bags based on style and quality, but I make sure they have the practical features that I look for before I slap my money down.
  15. Too poor to ignore number 1! Too old to sign up to number 3! Too easily bored to be number 2, but have favourites who I will check out each season, so I guess I am probably closest to a number 4 and 1 depending on how much is in my bank account!