What's up with the girnomous sale/discount with Chloe?

1. I love chloe but i am not sure why there are sales and deep discount everywhere!!

Paddy for 776 is HUGE discount!! Betty as low as $470ish!?!?!?

What's next? Is it going to be be $199 at Marshalls? This is just a tad scary! Your thoughts?

2. I think it's a little sad and takes some of the pleasure out of owning a Chloe bag. Some authentic bags are going for less than fakes on eBay!

I've vowed to only stick to bags that I'm reasonably sure will not go on sale for a huge discount a few months down the line. I don't want to have any regrest and if onlys.

I think the problem with Chloe is the massive range of styles, colours etc. Supply outstripped demand by miles.

3. I agree, it's very sad. I mean, we are talking about a $1800-1900 bag marked down to $500! It's sickening!

4. Buyers/Retailers probably got merchandise later than expected and with the F/W arriving, it's time to clear! Remember earlier in the year when it was hard to find certain paddies, the product was limited and then all of a sudden everyones stock arrived. I think their buying/shipping schedule is back on track and we'll see less stock available when the F/W bags go on sale next year.

5. totally agree with the discount thing, though it's exciting to get a sale, it shouldn't be 70% off, it kinda takes the buzz out of owning the bag. Usually I stick with Louis Vuitton because I know it's not going to go on sale in a month or a week or ever..... if anything the price will probably go up. That said, I did buy my first Chloe, a Betty ON SALE in Ivory....I love it, but I didn't get as good a deal as I'm reading about which makes me mad....this will probably be the only Chloe I will ever buy because of this sale crap unfortunately, it just kinda cheapens it to me to know that the $1800 bag will eventually be $500, why don't they just sell all of them at a set price of $900 or something and never put them on sale, wouldn't it kinda even out at some point......I know it would make me more eager to buy them....

6. I have only bought one paddy at full price and that's my bordeaux shoulder bag back in May (i think it was May). I paid 1340 for it. However, I won't buy anymore because when Nordies Half Yearly Sale started, they had 3 or 4 paddies on sale for like 1g and less.

7. Where are there betties for $500.00?

8. EVERY brand goes on sale! Is LV the only one that doesn't? Consider yourselves lucky if you found a Chloe on sale ........... based on the population of girls that would love to own a Chloe and the limited bags that were out there and on sale -- I haven't seen tables of Chloes sitting waiting for buyers.

9. I just think it goes on sale if there's overstock when everything gets marked down for next season's merchandise. I don't mind if i bought something at original price and then later on it got marked down. What would bug me though is that there are too many available chloes out there and honestly, i don't like seeing someone on the same street as me w/ the same purse... it gives me a creepy feeling.. LOL :lol:

This has only happened to me once in NYC believe it or not w/ my YSL flower bag.

10. Louis doesn't go on sale, they have a line of bags that doesn't really change, they may add and subtract, change some color availabilities etc. but they don't do the seasonal thing like other design houses do with their bags. They come out with special editions and stuff, but they sell out of everything at full price, if you want something that was discontinued, they can sometimes find it but you don't get it at a discount......I've heard there may be some outlets in europe but not sure, usually the only deal you can get on Louis though is if you buy on eluxury when they have free shipping cause you don't pay tax (unless you live in CA, I think they charge tax there)....

11. I haven't seen a whole table, but I have seen 6 or 7 on sale at once at my Nordies. Paddies and Bettys.

12. Wow, we should all shop at your Nordies for the bargins ......... here they are few and far between!

elongreach, will you be my personal shopper?

13. Not a whole table, but if you call Nordstrom, they can locate at least 5 of them in diff colors (limited though).

I'm glad that my bags are always from Nordstrom, and they are easy to price adjust when there are sales elsewhere, but it makes me sad that the discount is SO steep.

Someone mentioned that Mi place is having a betty sale for $477, i called Nordstrom to complain and they try to call them to price match it for me, guess what, the lady quoted her a price of $380. WTF??

I'm glad for getting a dream bag for myself on sale, but on the other hand, I'm not thrilled that they go on sale this quick at this steep of a discount.

Agree with the earlier poster, why not set it at$900!

I don't know of any other brands that has discount this steep, LV never goes on sale, hermes doesnt to the best of my knowledge.
    Balenciaga does , but very limited, and not at freakn 70%.

14. I go back to my original post -
    Buyers/Retailers probably got merchandise later than expected and with the F/W arriving, it's time to clear! Remember earlier in the year when it was hard to find certain paddies, the product was limited and then all of a sudden everyones stock arrived. I think their buying/shipping schedule is back on track and we'll see less stock available when the F/W bags go on sale next year.

fayewolf - If you've got the time to price adjust and watch continuously then more power to ya! Get the lowest price you can and congratulations to your CC!

15. hi
    this is my first post...i have read this forum every single day.. but never post anything...
    i am truly dont like that chloe have this deep sale...
    i bought my off white paddy in the end of 2005....i was on the waiting list and i went to toronto HR department store to pick it up...in that time almost all the online store sold out every color...
    and now....1 paddy is only $770 and betty is only 500 or less....make me wanna cry...
    i can still remember the silver color is limited edition and is a bit expensive then the regular color, and i was thinking about getting this one instead of the off white....and last month the metallic is all onsale!!!!

that hurt me feeling toward chloe..i love love love their design but hates the way the sell it.

and right now i am thinking to get a silverado in special edition...however....afraid that they will onsale it again when x'mas....>< what shoud i do?!