What's up w/the contaminated produce lately???

1. I just had to return some frozen squash that was recalled because of ammonia contamination - thankfully I didn't eat it as it can cause some really bad side effects (nausea/vomiting/throat pain)!!! To top it off, the store where I bought it wasn't even aware of the recall.

I read on the internet yesterday that tons of canteloupe were recalled due to salmonella. Between this plus the lettuce/spinach/tomato ecoli issues, I'm at the point where I'm not going to eat any produce. It's ridiculous! What is going on??? :crybaby: Am I the only one who feels this way?

2. It's so scary- thank goodness you didn't eat it!! My youngest cousin was hospitalized for two days last week because of some spoiled bagged salad mix that he ate- he was so seriously ill that they thought he might have lasting side-effects, but at the last minute his condition improved. He's at home recovering now, thank goodness. It makes me hesitate to even eat a salad after this, but now
    if it extends to frozen foods, I don't know what I'll end up doing. Pray, I guess :shrugs:.