Whats the relationship between Prada and Miu Miu?

1. Are they the same company? I dont quite understand the difference bwtween the 2?
    Is it like D&G and Dolce and Gabbana? Same company with different lines?

2. Miu Miu is also by Prada. I think it's just a different line.

3. Hi,
    Miu Miu is the nickname of Muccia Prada who is the granddaughter of Maria Prada the founder of the Prada company. Miu Miu is a sister company of Prada that began in 1993. The Miu Miu range is usually cheaper than Prada.
    Muccia Prada has a $1.4 billion fortune.
    She is also the first Italian fashion designer to sign uo to PETA to rid the fashion industry from fur!

4. I read somewhere that the Prada group is making loses.

5. miu miu IS SUPPOSED to be the sportier..less expensive ..and funkier version of Prada.All under Muiccia Pradas direction

6. Miu Miu used to be the difussion line but I think it has taken a life on its own.. some of the things are more expensive than Prada!

7. Yeah, the price isen't really that different anymore. It's just a different line. Prada may have the most expensive items and a higher level in general though, but MIU MIU definetly has items that's well into prada's "range".

8. Miuccia Prada decided to make a younger, more daring line of less expensive items and she came up with Miu Miu which is her nickname. Miu Miu is still under the control of Miuccia Prada.

It is very similar to Dolce & Gabbana and D&G. Another example, but with much more range is Giorgio Armani and Armani Exchange.

9. Originally I read that Miu Miu was less expensive than Prada, but that's certainly gone out the window!! Does Muiccia Prada have much to do with the styling in Prada itself or just Miu Miu?