whats the reason you buy bags?....

i agree with you all... you can be totally scrubbin it..in sweats and an american apparel tee...and if you have a great bag on your arm...it doesnt matter. a great bag MAKES any outfit. having a hot bag totally boosts your self-esteem levels too...and of course i love it when you're in an area where other people would recognize the bag, and that it costs a fortune!!:shame:

I admire the bags that looks good, worn by others.
I buy the bags that I know I will use and looks good on me.
I can't help that some of the ones that I want retails over 1k...........sigh.
I also like the cuter no name bags as well.
I don't always need premium designer bags.

Because they're beautiful, they are a reward to myself for my hard work, I feel a sense of pride to carry them, they bring OTHER people joy when they see them... any many more...

I use a purse and/or purse accessories every day ... so it's a useful and practical thing in addition to being cute, pretty, beautiful. And as they said on Ugly Betty "you don't have to be a size 6 to carry a great bag".

I just love bags. It really is that simple. I buy them for myself, not for others to see or to impress someone.

And besides... a bag completes an outfit, in many ways, I think. And if I feel good about my entire outfit (including the bag of course) I feel good about myself too. So purely selfish reasons I guess.

Because I'm compensating for the void that is my personal life? Because I have it in for cows? Because spending all my leftover income on accessories prevents me from having to make grown-up decisions about investments? Because I read the Purse Forum and am easily influenced?

Or you know, just cuz.

:roflmfao:

oh my god you are a freaking riot!! this was the best thing i've read here in a long time...

I agree with pretty much everything posted on here! Because I use a handbag everyday, because it will last forever and not wear out like shoes or clothes, because its not 'out of action' for days whilst in the wash like clothes, because they make me feel good, because if im feeling fat I can still use it, because theyre functional.....

Also agree with pretty much everything said here. I have a hard time buying shoes, because I don't wear high heels and are always in search of the perfect shoe. I'm not that into clothes, because I work in a boring, corporate environment where I have to dress conservatively, even though it's not really my style. I'm also not a size 2. On the other hand, there's always a bag out there that I want and I also feel that they add a bit of zing to my otherwise boring closet.

i've shopping addiction...hahahahaha...:lol:
i buy bags that i like and will use (even if occasionally). i don't really buy bags just to collect. and also, i'll only buy them as long as i can afford them. won't want to go into debt because of bags, shoes, etc.;)
carrying a nice bag also makes me happy as it'll dress up any outfit (even plain old tracksuit).

...because I see a bag and fall in love, and then have to have it, even if it means going without other stuff...again...and again...! Happily, since discovering tPF I have realised that I am not alone!!!

...because I see a bag and fall in love, and then have to have it, even if it means going without other stuff...again...and again...! Happily, since discovering tPF I have realised that I am not alone!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth:tup:!!!!
I am completely obsessed with designer handbags and have seem to have lost all control since finding tpf. I have always loved purses. Since I was a little girl, my family use to call me baglady because I would tote around huge purses stuffed with toys.
I can always depend on my purse to brighten my day:rolleyes:.