What's the most you're willing to pay for shoes?

I totally agree that most shoe costs have really increased in the last couple years. I'm surprised even by how much MBs cost. Styles that I paid in the low $500s for two years ago are now in the $600s. And don't even get me started on what I consider are overpriced CLs.

I was recently looking at NAP and saw a pair of Rupert Sanderson platform pumps that I loved...very classic if you discount the platform and 5" heel. At $795?! It seemed insane. So, I'm going to wait until the end of the year for the sales to kick in.

It seems to me that most of the "popular" styles are now in the $700s. My data points are YSL tributes and Dior Extremes, for example. Since when has it become normal to spend $700 on a pair of heels? I guess that's a personal spending question.

I'd pay whatever the price is just as long as I like the shoe and my feet are happy. I've learned to not put a price on footwear when it comes to style and comfort. And frankly I don't think anything can surpass paying $25,000 for toe surgery, and it didn't even come with a pair of dazzling surgical shoes. That was the best $25,000 ever spent in my life, better than my college degree. I can't tell you how relieved my feet feel. So I'm guessing that there isn't going to be a pair of heels to be made anytime soon that's going to surpass that dollar amount, but if anyone sees or hears about a pair please let me in on them, I'd like to see what goes for that price...:lol: