what's the most rid/paethic offer you ever got from eBayer? Post it here ;D

I sold a bucket a while back to a seller with a million questions. I thought it would sell for 500 or there abouts. The winning bidder paid 900 for a used LV bucket .....I felt so bad because you can practically buy a new one for that. I ended up sending her three extra small LV accessories. She sent me a a MO. The best customer I have had so far..

As a seller, I try to be patient with authenticity questions, and I'm always happy to send more photos, but the crazy-low offers definitely irritate me. Does anyone ever actually accept those?

I refered all inquires to tPF and atelier.naff but it's just so sad that there are so many people claiming fakes as authentic that when a real one does come along buyers still have doubts.

I refered all inquires to tPF and atelier.naff but it's just so sad that there are so many people claiming fakes as authentic that when a real one does come along buyers still have doubts.

i think that's where the problem is. There are so many fakes around that buyers have to be extra extra sure that they are getting the real thing..hence the millions of questions.:sad:

I think some buyers are also protecting themselves from bait and switch sellers, who may have pics of authentic bags, but give them a fake bag...also, it is sometimes difficult to tell from pics alone...buyers want to feel they trust a seller before taking a risk, which ebay always is...

Ridiculously low offers, I can understand can be annoying (sometimes when I hear stories of what buyers offer it's utterly ridiculous). A lot of questions...well, I admit I'm guilty as charged. I had one seller go the extra mile for me to take pictures of heat stamps of a bag so I could have had it authenticated. I'm not proud to say that I probably annoyed her with all my questions, but with all these fakes floating around and sellers claiming that they have the real deal, it really makes me have to think hard on what I'm buying. These bags aren't cheap, and ebay is like a huge gamble. I've even seen sellers mix authentic bags with mirror-image fakes (which do end up going for several hundred dollars because of the seller's great feedback). I love sellers who are willing to go the extra mile for me, and I will refer them/buy from them again (with less q's, of course).

Someone in another thread mentioned something about an eBay feature you can turn on that automatically declines offers below a certain amount that you set.

That sounds like it could be a really convenient thing, and save sellers a lot of typing and annoyance from people who are just not as knowledgeable about high ticket items.

Of course, every day that I participate on this forum, I become more convinced that eBay is not a good place to buy or sell anything that goes for more than $25, and the other day someone was talking about people going through and buying people's stuff just to leave them negative feedback!

So it may not be the place to buy anything anymore. I know my activity has dropped since I have been here. I mean, would have, even if I had any more money. I am on a Complete Shopping Moratorium for the next 50 years.

Since I already have enough bags, my next bag purchase on eBay has to be to be at least $1.5K . Thousands of dollars are serious money. Therefore, I do not feel guilty about asking the sellers for questions and additional photos. I would rather do all the needed homework before I bid than try to get my money back after I receive a fake bag.

There was one time when I made a seller go out of her way borrowing a camera that could do close-up and sending me the requested photos (heat stamp, date code and all). At the end, I chickened out and did not bid, because she has zero feedback history. I feel very bad as she sounded so sincere and real. So, next time for big item purchase, I just pass all listings from sellers who have low feedback score. Save work and time for both parties.

Does anyone else get slightly insulted by super-low best offers? I was selling my lilac Balenciaga hook. Just hours before the auction ended, I received two best offers -- one for $350 and one for $385. My listing was BIN for $555 or Best Offer (which is super-reasonable, IMO).

I reluctantly countered one offer at $485, which was declined. Then, right before the auction ended, a different buyer did an outright BIN for $555. I was amused when the "decliner" e-mailed me and said she'd changed her mind and $485 would be fine (and I got to say that the bag was sold). But, seriously, when I make a best offer, I don't cut nearly 50 percent off the price!

I know EBay says you should personally review all offers, but I think in the future I'm going to use the button that says "automatically decline all offers below $XXX."

Just sharing my irritation; hope ya'll don't mind.

Yes its frustrating! If you notice that when you decline an offer, the accept button is larger than the decline. You dont know how many times I have almost hit accept instead of decline and I think thats one reason why some bidders offer low offers.

I think many assume we need the money and will sell it for any low price too.

sometimes you just want to say "you're kidding me right?" i mean the lowest offers ever. i love the emails that usually come with it. i had a girl give me this whole sob story for a ks bag i have about how she's in a sorority and needed a designer bag and mine "would do" and all she had left from her summer job was 76.03 or something like that. for a 455 dollar bag. LOLOLOLOLOL. had a GOOD laugh about that one.

good for you on the BIN!

I find it extremely insulting too. I would love to tell them where to shove their offer, but find myself taking a deep breath and just decline. The really pathetic offers don't even get a counter offer, why waste my time?
The same thing happened to me recently when selling a bag, I got a couple of totally ridiculous offers, i.e. $100 for a bag I was selling for $699. Anyhow then it was bought for the full asking price and they were thrilled.
I think those really low offers come from the yard sale types that want something for nothing, just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing your irritation, I got to vent too!