What's the most expensive item of clothing you've ever bought?

no.... i am going to sell some of my clothes and trying to make mother do the same, half the clothing we buy, we dont even wear so i think donating the money to the charity for the needy would be better than buying couture clothing or exotic leather jackets....

or maybe not cant see myself selling that gucci, i guess i could work in a soup kitchen... that might be even better...

Don't sell your Gucci jacket, I think you may well regret it and it's not just the money, Gucci only make 3 or 4 of those RTW pieces every season Worldwide. Think of it like an art piece or a very rare wine. So much care, skill and time has gone into making these pieces, it's not just CASH it's a thing of beauty :hugs:

Now you make me feel a bit bad, I have a croc/mink Gucci moto jacket too and have only worn it once :shame: Good thing I didnt have to buy it though cos I wouldn't have anywhere to live :lol: I also have 2 python Chanel jackets and both python and ostrich Pradas. I love my jackets (and coats)

When I completed my degree I rewarded myself with a dark blue reversable hooded lamb leather jacket (suede on one side, shortly sheared fur on the reverse) for 2160€ (around $2800) by Etro.

The only time I ever came close to this again was with a Bottega Veneta tote.

That sounds totally exquisite, Etro create fabric for many couture houses your coat must be heavenly, congratulations on your degree as well :tup:

Here are some of mine off the top of my head:

1) Chanel Turquoise Feather Dress from Spring 2011--the detail on this is beyond!

2) Balmain Black Leather Quilted Jacket with chain detailing--the detail reminds me of Chanel hehe

3) Chanel Fall 2008 Black Camelia Ruffle Dress--this is a super intricate piece, hard to see the detailing in the pics cos its black

4) Chanel PreFall 2008 Black Ribbon Coat

5) Chinchilla Bolero Jacket

You always have a great style and all your own. I like to people who can wear such statement clothes yet at the same time don't loose themselves.

A custom made Yohji Yamamoto coat. To own a piece that went through the hands of the master himself has huge sentimental value to me since he will always be my favourite designer. I will cry ugly tears the day he chooses to retire.

You must feel like a queen, it sounds truly magnificent :tender:

I spend more $$$ on clothes than bags. I only stick to classics. Sometimes I feel as if I'm dressing for my 80 year old self. My most expensive item is a Chanel dress/jacket ($2600) that I got on sale!

Good for you queenofchic, I love people who love to dress. And just think, when you are 80 you won't have to shop, just sit at the front row of all the up-and-comming fashion designers, everyone will think you are the coolest octogenarian in the World

Most I've spent was 5k on a fur coat by ermano scervino. Bags I am not cheap and buy anything I like but I cannot spend like that on clothes. Even if my lifestyle permitted.

It's sometimes wise to just get the best and have done. Your coat will probably last you a lifetime and in all that time you will be happy, super-stylish and very warm ;)

Don't sell your Gucci jacket, I think you may well regret it and it's not just the money, Gucci only make 3 or 4 of those RTW pieces every season Worldwide. Think of it like an art piece or a very rare wine. So much care, skill and time has gone into making these pieces, it's not just CASH it's a thing of beauty :hugs:

Now you make me feel a bit bad, I have a croc/mink Gucci moto jacket too and have only worn it once :shame: Good thing I didnt have to buy it though cos I wouldn't have anywhere to live :lol: I also have 2 python Chanel jackets and both python and ostrich Pradas. I love my jackets (and coats)

WOW!!!! ok in that case dont sell the couture or gucci... thats just like wearable art!!! thats a great thing to think about... WOW again with your clothing collection!!! mmmm python and ostrich and furs... i think thats my heaven, but PETAs nightmare... i hope nobody from PETA sees this... wait this is tPF... nahh we can all drool over you lovely clothing collection!

WOW!!!! ok in that case dont sell the couture or gucci... thats just like wearable art!!! thats a great thing to think about... WOW again with your clothing collection!!! mmmm python and ostrich and furs... i think thats my heaven, but PETAs nightmare... i hope nobody from PETA sees this... wait this is tPF... nahh we can all drool over you lovely clothing collection!

:lol: Indeeed!

That sounds totally exquisite, Etro create fabric for many couture houses your coat must be heavenly, congratulations on your degree as well
I added some pics for your viewing pleasure. :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1030512_opt.jpg
    P1030512_opt.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 713
  • P1030509_opt.jpg
    P1030509_opt.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 716
  • P1030513_opt.jpg
    P1030513_opt.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 686
  • P1030507_opt.jpg
    P1030507_opt.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 724
definitely my Fendi dress :biggrin:
I had such a crush on that dress when I first saw it, I had to find out who made it and then to find the dress. I was so lucky, I finally found the very last one in Paris :P

You lucky girl!! I wanted this dress too! I could not find one in my size! Congrats!!!:flowers:

Wilmaerika said:
My Canada goose parka -but next month I'll be buying a miu miu dress which is even more expensive..

A Canada Goose is always money well spent though right? They are so warm :smile:

On that note can we 'add in' to this thread .... "and was it money well spent?".