What's the most expensive Christmas present you've bought or received?

my bf bought me a $500 kitten for my last birthday (from a breeder of course). My parents bought me a $1200 laptop 2 years ago for my graduation, but I don't think that counts b/c they had to.

Received: flawless/colorless diamond necklace from zales (on sale for around $700) from the bf, rumors I'm getting a nice tag heuer watch with diamonds this year!!!

Given: Leather jacket to my bf (300). this year I'm getting him/us a ski trip which will end up being 1000 or more.. eeep

Received: my car 3 years ago :love:
Bought: DH's Xmas present for this year, not writing it down in case I leave the forum up and running on my Mac ;)

Attachments

• lancia.jpg
    lancia.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 45
Received: My Prius! I feel awesome everytime i drive it (which is only on the weekends b/c i take the metro to work). Being green is important to me.

Bought: Chanel GST for my momma. (bought it with grandpas CC hehe)

Received: My Prius! I feel awesome everytime i drive it (which is only on the weekends b/c i take the metro to work). Being green is important to me.

Bought: Chanel GST for my momma. (bought it with grandpas CC hehe)

Aaaaw, you`re so lucky - I love Priuses :love:

Anyways... I honestly can`t remember either because I tend to get expensive things outside of birthday/christmas, so I think things I`ve received has been around $7-800... I bought an LV shawl for my mom once, but it wasn`t for christmas, so I don`t know if it counts :yes:

There's 4 kids in my family and we celebrated Christmas AND Hanukkah a lot of years, so my parents never really went nuts with gifts.

Last year I went on vacation in January, so my present from my family was $1000 cash for spending money and then a bunch of little things... That's probably the most expensive gift I've gotten, besides a car (which was not new and not a holiday present)...

I got my second car (my "fun" car) just yesterday from DH! He has his two vehicles and now I have mine. LOL I think he was tired of me saying it's not fair I have to drive around in the mommy car (BMW X5 -yeah it's a BMW but it's still an SUV!) and he has his two! Fair's fair! LOL

Oh and the car wasn't anything major. It's a 2008 covertible mustang.

My ex gave me a Rolex, but he bought it with money we had in a joint account and I knew I was getting it. Still a nice present though.

Other than that, nothing even close to a car. But I'm still hoping one day I find some really great guy to buy me the Ferrari I've always wanted. :smile:

I got my second car (my "fun" car) just yesterday from DH! He has his two vehicles and now I have mine. LOL I think he was tired of me saying it's not fair I have to drive around in the mommy car (BMW X5 -yeah it's a BMW but it's still an SUV!) and he has his two! Fair's fair! LOL

Oh and the car wasn't anything major. It's a 2008 covertible mustang.

Since when has a car become nothing major? :wtf:

I've received lots of nice and expensive gifts from my parents over the years, ranging from a new car to a Panerai or handbags etc. but none were for Christmas, if I remember right. (I have really awesome parents!)

My bf just told me that we're going to Bali this Christmas and that will be his gift to me! I'm so excited because I've never been before :biggrin:

Most expensive Christmas gift I've ever given was probably the Gucci shirt and cashmere sweater I gave my bf 2 years ago. The one I'm most proud of giving was 500 CDN worth of donations in my parents name to Unicef, also 2 years ago.