What's the first handbag you ever had?

The first one I ever had was likely from Target or a hand-me down from my mom, but the first "designer" bag I ever bought was a small Coach shoulder bag. I thought I was so smart by getting it on ebay for $40. Now I'm pretty sure it was fake. It was donated to Goodwill long ago.

Coach Legacy Rambler. (First "adult" bag.) I don't consider Coach a designer bag.
LV Pochette Accessoires in mono. Use with the long strap. One of the best purchases I have ever made based on aesthetics and utility. Great for travel and for tucking in a larger bag. Mine was the older, thicker canvas and I will never part with it.

No it was preloved and I still have it. I am an all or nothing person- if I want something I want exactly his item and nothing else, really nothing else. So I didn't b uy any designer handbags till I had my dreambag. The first bag I ever bought was a triangle shaped bag in Berlin 26 years ago. I loved the bag to death but coudln't carry it as- nothing fitted in (triangleshape! not so smart to buy it but I coudln't resist). It costed around 50 USD.

I am happy that the questions wasn't what I bought after my first designer bag. That road went down pretty fast....

;)
Our first loves are not always practical :smile:

My first real handbag was a Tiger of Sweden purse that I got from my mom as a birthday present when I was about 14. It's a black bag with a zipper top and handles with studded details (kind of a Balenciaga meets Mulberry Alexa vibe). I still own it, but it's not really my current style.

IMG_1478101167.517883.jpg

The first designer purse I owned was this Coach, I believe it's the Pleated Parker Hobo? I got it a couple of months after I graduated and started my full time job. I've since sold it but I remember feeling so fly when I first wore it out.