What's the best leather for an evelyne?

Unless something has changed "orange" comes in Epsom and "potiron" comes in Clemence. Both have the same bright orange strap (too bright for the potiron IMHO).

Hmmm, things must have changed...I tried on an orange clemence evelyne on Madison ave on Friday. It def exists :yes:

If you are considering a bright color in epsom, go for cyclamen...that color gives me goosebumps.......

I agree that clemence and barenia are the best for the evelyne. I am lucky that my barenia evelyne is indigo, which i LOVE. But, availability there is an issue, so next I would do clemence. It is my preference for my leathers to be supple and "leathery," if that makes sense, and I dont like the "feel" of epsom as well as I do the others....but it is a very personal choice and you should definitely try both....then make your preferences known to your SA and she or he will likely be able to do a search for you.

Clemence is just so substantial and supple, and easy to wear. I love it in the evelyne!!!

Hmmm, things must have changed...I tried on an orange clemence evelyne on Madison ave on Friday. It def exists :yes:

If you are considering a bright color in epsom, go for cyclamen...that color gives me goosebumps.......
Are you sure it wasn't potiron? If it was orange, yes it is a new color/leather combo for the Evelyne. Last year, November '06, when I was looking for one I found out that orange was only available in epsom.

Are you sure it wasn't potiron? If it was orange, yes it is a new color/leather combo for the Evelyne. Last year, November '06, when I was looking for one I found out that orange was only available in epsom.

Kallie Girl - I'm absolutely positive it was not potiron. It was orange clemence. I had a conversation with the SA about the differences between potriron and orange as there was a potiron kelly sitting on the shelf adjacent to the counter where I was looking at the evelyne.

Kallie Girl - I'm absolutely positive it was not potiron. It was orange clemence. I had a conversation with the SA about the differences between potriron and orange as there was a potiron kelly sitting on the shelf adjacent to the counter where I was looking at the evelyne.

I was with LivetheLake when she tried the evelyne on -- it was definitely orange. As she said, we discussed potiron and the difference between the two colors with the SA, because I was trying to decide between the two colors for my next bag. Wall St also had evelynes in orange clemence yesterday.

I was with LivetheLake when she tried the evelyne on -- it was definitely orange. As she said, we discussed potiron and the difference between the two colors with the SA, because I was trying to decide between the two colors for my next bag. Wall St also had evelynes in orange clemence yesterday.
That's great info to know. I bet the orange in clemence will be very popular. That's what I had wanted originally last year.

Thank you so much ladies for all the useful inputs. :smile:

I'll go to H and see the difference between epsom and clemence, clemence in orange sounds great!

But I do love bags which have rigid feel, maybe it's perfect for kelly then. What's your ladies thoughts?

Marni, if you prefer a stiffer leather, you should buy your evelylne in epsom. It's all personal preference so don't be swayed by those (like me) who prefer a softer leather.An evelyne is a great bag in any leather!