What's Palladium?

1. I'm not familiar with precious metals/gems at all! I've just recently heard about palladium (I know, I know, where have I been right?), and was wondering exactly what it is. I mean, is it very rare or in as high demand as say gold? Thanks everyone, I'm just curious.

2. Palladium is in the Platinum group of metals, but it is the least dense of them. It is alloyed with gold to form white gold and you'll often hear of "Palladium plating" as it has a nice color.

It is much less expensive than Platinum as it is less dense. I believe it's around $285ish an oz, compared to $600ish an oz for gold.

3. Palladium is in watches, dental, automotive parts because it's easy to work with and can be hammered out much like gold.

Does this help you a little? Do you have any other questions?

4. Oops, forgot I posted this! Thanks Japster! Wow, thats some great information. Nope I think you pretty much covered it, lol. I really appreciate it!

5. I love talking about metals and composition. I'm such a geek. I didn't even have to sleep with my chemistry professor for my A!

6. LOL Japster youre crazy!

7. :rolleyes:
    OMG. :roflmfao:

8. Isn't it used on some Hermes purses?