What's considered significantly misrepresented?

I do not think you are completely at fault, especially with Marc Jacobs as some admittedly do look very similar. I still have no idea why your buyer didn't pay closer attention to the pictures though. Anyhow, having said that you don't want to lose the bag and your money, so take the bag back. Ask that she put 'returned merchandise' on the customs slip or you may end up having to pay duty on your own bag!
Also I do not believe you are under any obligation to return the shipping costs (?).
Hope it all works out!

Tempo
Marks & Spencer and St Michaels are the same, remember a few years back all M&S clothing had St Michaels on the label.

Re the MJ bag, she must have liked the pictures, why would she have bought otherwise? I hope you manage to sort it out without much more trouble. Just out of interest which bag was it?

Temo, thanks so much for reminding me that. I will defintely tell her to mark it as returned merchandise.

I had an experience of returning a fake Chloe, because the seller offered 100% satisfication guaranteed, he/she gladly accepted my return, but of course no refund on shipping. I think a reasonable person shouldn't be doing this to their seller.

I sent her an email and told her that I will accept return but will not refund shipping and ebay listing fees since it's her own fault (at least 70% her fault:graucho: for not looking at pictures ).

beany. it was this one, official name is cinched tote. i bought it a while ago, never paid attention to its name. i thought it looks really like a stella, I bought it because i needed a bag bigger than a stella.

BGV2951_mn.jpg

It's a great bag. Sounds like she is trying to pull something on you to me.

Hope there is actually a bag inside the box when it comes back to you. If she has proof of delivery of a box, even if the box is empty, paypal WILL side with her cause she can claim it was returned and has proof by tracking. I've had this happen to me.

Good luck. Ebay can be such a nasty place at times!

Ugh. I agree that it is probably best to just refund her, but I don't feel that she is entirely in the right here. Ok, you used the wrong name, simple mistake...what is important is that the pictures in the auction are of the bag that was listed, bid on and received. She does sound like a trouble maker so I think that it is best to cut all ties with her.

The more I think about this, the more it makes NO sense to me. I usually LOVE finding a bag that was listed by the wrong name cause it usually means less people bid on it that are looking for that particular bag and I can get it cheaper. I love it when sellers don't know details of the fabulous gem they have in their hands. It sounds totally like she's having buyer's remorse and if your policy is normally no returns/no refunds then she went for the only loop hole she could find! I say you're in the right.
Sorry I replied twice. Just hadta add that and my 15 minutes to edit my original post had already expired. lol

I hadn't thought of that! :lol:

I think it's a definite possibility. :yes:

What a bizarre way of choosing your next bag that would be - just by its name! :blink:

some people actually did that... some of my friends who's into a certain "it" bag wants or only buys bags that are in trend.
sometimes they don't have the knowledge of which bag's which.

^ So weird!

I'm so visual, I can't imagine doing that in a million years! :shrugs:

I hardly ever like 'it' bags much. I don't think they're the best bag the designer offers, most of the time; I think they're just the one with the highest profit margin...

No offence to your friends, of course! ;)

Redsunflower

what a silly buyer, did she not look at your pictures? Suppose she can't have and she doesn't deserve your bag because that's a great bag, you'll have no trouble reselling it and it'll go to a good home.
good luck :smile: