What would you do?

1. So I sold an item to a person who bidded 4 times and after sending them an invoice 3 times, they finally replied back saying that their son logged onto their account and bidded they wont pay for it because they dont have the money (came out to a total of around $200).

Here is the weird thing. Thier seller name was XXXXXXfamily and then the next highest bidder was a different XXXXXXfamily. Am I being scamed? I normally do an ok fine dont pay, give negative feedback, and then do a second chance offer to the next highest bidder. BUT this just looks too...odd. I don't know what to do. The 3rd highest bidder I have done business with before so I know that one is legit.

advice?

2. Sounds a bit suspicious. Go to community link and check their user ids to see if they are in the same state.
    I've heard that excuse before too..

3. It its definitely odd, but I don't know why they would be the second highest bidder also because then they are essentially pushing up the final price? :confused1:

4. I believe that you have a choice as to which bidders get second chance offers. If you feel more comfortable with the third highest bidder and their bid, then just contact that person by clicking on the link next to their name in bid history. You can even tell them in the 2nd chance message why you feel more comfortable with their bid.

5. Yep, when you go into Second Chance Offers you'll see links beside each bid for offering that bidder a second chance. The kicker is that it must be at that price. So if the bidder is good but the bid is lower than you wanted, you're limited to accepting that bid or re-running the auction. You can't do a second chance offering to another bidder at the ending bid price, it has to be at their final bid.

6. Thank you so much for your advice!

7. almost the same id? how odd.
    what is the price diff between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd bidder?

8. As soon as you can, file a non paying bidder alert. I think it's 10 days after the auction ends. I can't stand it when people give you stories like that.

9. Sounds sketch to me. I would either relist for give to the 3rd bidder.

10. So I filed the unpaid item dispute so hopefully it will all get taken care of!

11. I hope everything would be great soon. :flowers:
    I think I might have to go in the same way as you bcos my buyer hasn't paid yet for 3 days without any response to my 3 emails. :rant: