What would you do?

1. My hubby bought me a dooney red leather bag for christmas from Macys. I used 1 or 2 times for a few hours only but never removed the tag. Its in perfect condition and I can exchange if I want. I have the receipt and all the "stuff". I'm just not that into it. I am not using it.I didn't want to tell hubby that I changed my mind. Now there is a coach bag that I would love that is the same price. The Signature Stripe Shoulder Bag. What do you think I should do? Hubby is okay with me exchanging. Should I? Macys gives you 180 days to exchange something so it would be okay to do so.
  2. yes! i would not keep a bag that i won't use. i don't like d&b, so i would exchange for a coach in a heartbeat!
  3. I would DEFINITELY exchange it for the bag you love... if your man is alright with it, then go w/it, there's no point in keeping a bag you don't like and let it sit there and collect dust... go get the coach woman! haha :roflmfao:
  4. As long as your hubby doesn't care then I'd say go for it! Why have a bag sitting around that you aren't gonna use? And you're gonna end up getting the Sig. Stripe shoulder bag eventually since you like it, might as well break even!
  5. I agree... my fiance sort of gets offended if he buys me something and I don't like it. If your husband is okay with it ... Go for it. No sense in keeping a bag just so it can lay around collecting dust.
  6. If you used it you can't return it. Dooney's return policy is the same as Coach's policy - only new and unused merchandise can be returned. If you don't like it you can sell it on eBay.
  7. I agree with Mokoni. If you used it, don't bring it back to the store. Sell it on eBay. When I pay retail, I expect the merchandise to be unused.
  8. If you already used it you cant return it. Sell it on eBay!! :tup:
  9. Definitely exchange it.. IMO carrying a bag around for an hour or two (depending on where you are of course) is not "using" it.. it's seeing if you like it.. now if you took it out to a concert, a ballgame, set it down places, etc.. that is a different story. I would get the one you want! :tup:
  10. I would definitely do whatever I had to ( return it or sell it) to get the Coach bag you want. I know when I give a gift to someone, I would rather they exchange it for something they want rather then let it collect dust on a shelf. Your hubby's money is well spent if you have something you really want rather than him spending money on something that you will never use. If he's okay with it, I say go for it! :yes:
  11. I would exchange it for a Coach bag...I use to love D&B, but after they had childish designs I just stuck with Coach.
  12. i agree...get what ever you will love to use. don't settle.
  13. I just have to say..... this is why everyone is cracking down so much on returns...and making it unfair for those of us with legite returns. If you used it, it shouldn't be returned, or exchanged.
  14. Candace, you are right on!! :tup:

It may not seem like a bit deal to some people but the bag is used - it was carried outside of the home and it is no longer new.
  15. I personally do not want to buy a bag assuming it's brand new when in fact someone else carried it a few hours here or there. . . it's not ethical *IMO* to use a bag and return it unless there's a true defect.
    This is one reason why prices go up and like someone else said, returns/exchanges are getting tougher to make.