What would you do?

What would you do with unwanted handbags?

1. Hang onto them and pack them away.

2. Donate them.

3. Toss them in the garbage.

4. Other (please explain.)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I have a bunch of bags that I never use anymore: Kooba, Coach, a lesser known designer team of Jennifer Scott (they no longer design handbags), among others.

I don't know if I should pack them away and save them for my daughter in case she wants to play with them one day
    if I should just donate them?

(It's not really worth it for me to sell them on eBay.)

What would you guys do?
  2. I have 2 daughters- 4 and 2. For a while I was holding onto bags thinking they would want them when they are older, but then I decided to either donate or sell the bags I wasn't using. I did save my wedding dress in case either of them want to wear it.
  3. I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to mess with eBay. It scares me so I don't sell on it either. *L* Have you tried selling them on Craigslist? No fees, and it's so easy. If they don't sell, then you could do something else with them, but they just might and then you'd at least have some money for them. :smile:

I would say that maybe you should put a couple of the designer bags away for her, just in case, but not all of them.
  4. I would hold onto them because who knows if one day I'm going to have the urge to wear it again. I don't want to risk regret. I love the idea of donation, but where would you donate to?
  5. I don't sell on eBay, but I try to give them away or sell them. Some people aren't good about taking other people's used stuff, but my roommates and I love trading stuff, so it's never awkward:nogood: This might get harder when I don't have as good of friends that also love designers. Then I will donate them. If they are not still in style and no one wants them, I donate them or store them if they are sentimental.
  6. You'd be surprised at what you could get back if you sold them on ebay....one man's junk is another man's treasure.....
  7. They sound like they are good quality bags.

There are organizations that help transition homeless/welfare women into the workforce. I cannot remember the names ...I will try to do a search. They are always asking for gently used "business" attire. I would assume that your handbags would fall into that category. I see that that you're in the NYC area...I would bet that such an organization exists there.

I think donating your bags to an organization like that would be the best thing to do :tup:
  8. i agree with travelbliss! i know a lot of people don't like to do ebay but i have great luck on selling all the time...everything i've posted (bags) always sell and for some i've gotten more money than expected...then i get to fund my desire to get new bags!!
  9. ITA! But if you really don't want to sell, I would donate. :yes:
  10. I would try craigslist. I'm sure you would get lots of people interested if they are at the right price. I have sold stuff on there, it's easy and fast... you don't have to wait.