What would you do?

1. I was in Saks today asking lots of Q's since I want a Chanel flap.

I checked out the library guide but didn't really find answers that i was looking for.

I want to know the names of the most common bags & see pictures. For e.g., not sure what cambon looks like?:nogood: And what does PST mean?:confused1:

Today, I did learn about the East to West Flap.:heart:

Anyway, this brings me to my next Q.

I was torn between the East to West in camel and the more modern looking flap in grey/puddy color. I am not sure of the name... I tried looking for it here but found nuffin...

The SA seems to think the classic flap does not fit my style...whatever that means...maybe bc I walked in with a baseball cap?:rolleyes:

Can anyone help me gain some knowledge with the names of these gorgeous bags.

Also, would you go for the classic flap in camel or the more modern flap in dark grey?

TIA!

2. I love grey right now, grey flap sound fab! But what colors do you were more?

3. i wear lots of black. :smile:

4. I like the newer flaps in distressed leather -- more modern looking, yet still classic.

5. I have the flap in dark beige (camel) And I love it. I wear both brown and black a lot, so for me its a versatile color. Camel goes great with a lot of things. Also its been great to dress up or down really easily.

But grey would also work well too :smile: Haha.. I wouldn't mind adding a grey to my collection too.

6. The SA seems to think the classic flap does not fit my style...whatever that means...maybe bc I walked in with a baseball cap?:rolleyes:

:confused1:I find that sort of strange - "style" to Chanel seems to mean - having a credit card with an open balance - hence all the price increases....seems it is about selling bags and making money...."your style" should not mean anything to them based on what you were wearing that day.....she should not have based her comment on that outfit alone.

7. actually, most of your questions are in the Library.

"I want to know the names of the most common bags & see pictures. For e.g., not sure what cambon looks like?:nogood: And what does PST mean"

Most common bags would be the Classic Flaps, GST, PST and Cambons in my opinion.
    GST = Grand Shopping Tote
    PST = Petit Shopping Tote

If you look at the Cambon thread in the Library, it's FULL of Cambons in lots of different colors and styles.
    Same goes for the thread title Classic Chanel pieces and the Classic Flaps and Reissues thread in there.

What bag were you carrying today?
    Maybe that, combined w/ your casual attire, led her to believe you were more casual:shrugs:
    I doubt she meant anything snotty, was probably just trying to figure you out.
    a Classic Flap "does not fit my style" either. I'm a tote girl no matter what really. Classic Flaps are a little more structured than I like and I like to get in/out quickly w/o jacking w/ a flap!
    I do have a Luxury Ligne Flap, but it's a very special piece to me and isn't structured at all.

8. the SA was actually a he and he was nice and informative. i have chanel shoes but now i want to take the plunge and purchase a bag.

and i agree, he was just trying to figure me out. heck, he thought i was still in college and i'm 33! :nuts:

as for making a "sale" you have a valid point. however, there wasn't much of a price difference in the two bags.

my outfit: i was toting around my chloe edith tote, ferragamo flats, denim mini and & charcoal grey fitted tee.

i think bc of the "color" of my outfit he choose the grey bag for me.

also, i agree that you should not label a person by their attire. i felt comfortable and was still treated nicely even though i was dressed down.:yes:

i want a nice classic chanel that will take me through the seasons & timeless.

ty ALL for your advice & expertise. i will be checking out the reference thread more closely...maybe i skimmed too much.

9. I think a flap fits everyone's style!

10. we cant really tell u what to get..U need to try them all on..look in the reference library for pics of diff styles.....Buying a bag is very individual...it needs to suit your sense of style and function like U want it too.
    If u plan on buyin thru Saks..Make sure u do it on the EGC day....(next THURSDAY!)so u can get a Gift card with purchase!!!makes it even better!HEHE!
    Sounds like the SA was trying to sum u up too quickly..But at least they tried...Ive been in some stores where the SA's just stand there and dont offer any advice at all!!!!!!So Kudos to the SA for at least trying.....!!

11. I have a silly question Jill..sorry to steer the thread off course, but do you need to have a Saks card to get anything on an EGC day?

12. grey flap sounds stunning!!

13. Maybe he was trying to say you are more of a modern girl, a compliment. I love it when SAs help me out. As a libra, I am sometimes so indecisive and like when an SA is open.

Anyway, I am in the same boat as you deciding on my first classic Chanel.

14. i did a very (VERY!) bad thing! i applied for a saks card today...and now i want to leave work and go shopping at chanel! :nuts:

so i know i want a medium flap. i have no idea if i want cavier, reissue, lambskin or what! so MANY GORGEOUS choices...:drool:

i have FINALLY narrowed down my color choices:
    tan or red (i like the deeper red though)

any opinions/thoughts?!?

TIA!

15. Great choice, I love red bags, but for your first I would rather get a beige. Beige will go with everything...