What Would You Do With $150,000?

I'd keep $100,000 in a savings account for a rainy day and shop with the $50,000.

Ideally I would put a down payment on a home with multiple units that I can rent them out so that it can pay the off the mortgage itself with the rents coming in. But I don't think $150,000 would be enough for a down payment.

Or if I already have a home then I would renovate my home with the money!

Buy a nice new car for hubby, re decorate my house and get a new kitchen, Cartier love bracelet, Chanel rectangle mini in blue chevron with silver hardware, few bits and bobs from lv and Chanel, take my husbands family on special holiday, take my family on holiday.pay of a chunk of my mortgage and my credit cards.

I'm too boring and conservative, just can't shop like that. I would pay the IRS first :P, then our mortgage, and then my student loans. If there is anything left over...a really nice strand of pearls and maybe a Chanel classic flap.
Yeah. It's hard to imagine getting a windfall of $150,000 and not using it for something of major importance in your life, like housing, debts, children's future needs. I cannot imagine spending even a major chunk of it on fashion.
There's a woman on YouTube, PatriciaSLR, who must be really, really rich, who is always showing her buys from Hermes, etc. She could spend that sort of money. But, it seems almost obscene for me to it, or even imagine it.

Reactions: aki_sato
Yeah. It's hard to imagine getting a windfall of $150,000 and not using it for something of major importance in your life, like housing, debts, children's future needs. I cannot imagine spending even a major chunk of it on fashion.
There's a woman on YouTube, PatriciaSLR, who must be really, really rich, who is always showing her buys from Hermes, etc. She could spend that sort of money. But, it seems almost obscene for me to it, or even imagine it.

Wow, blast from the past! I wrote that in 2011. Apparently I am more boring now than I was back then, haha! I own some pearls already, and I don't think I would buy a Chanel bag anymore.