What would you choose?

Everyone seems to vote for #2, huphup. A lot of Chanel & LV fans here, are the decisions based solely on brands? Do the styles matter? =))

Wickedassin, all 3 bags are nice and share some similarities (quilting, buckles). I love Elise so it would be one of my choices. Chanel Reissue & Epi Passy GM are both on the square/rectangle sides so I would pick between those 2. Will be buying Channel Classic Flap myself so I lean toward Channel Reissue.

For some reason, I really like bags with the buckles on the side (Elise & Epi Passy GM both have them), bought LV Batignolles (buckles on sides). I am really not into monograms/logos, your poll makes me want to reconsider (Epi Passy GM over Batignolles).

bag.lover said:
Everyone seems to vote for #2, huphup. A lot of Chanel & LV fans here, are the decisions based solely on brands? Do the styles matter? =))

Wickedassin, all 3 bags are nice and share some similarities (quilting, buckles). I love Elise so it would be one of my choices. Chanel Reissue & Epi Passy GM are both on the square/rectangle sides so I would pick between those 2. Will be buying Channel Classic Flap myself so I lean toward Channel Reissue.

For some reason, I really like bags with the buckles on the side (Elise & Epi Passy GM both have them), bought LV Batignolles (buckles on sides). I am really not into monograms/logos, your poll makes me want to reconsider (Epi Passy GM over Batignolles).

You're right about how the bags have similar details. I've never been a fan of the Batignoles Horizontal--a friend "visits" the bag whenever we go into LV. (She just has yet to take the plunge.) But I love the Passy GM. I think it's the mono pattern that just doesn't do it for me. The Passy is about an inch bigger, but basically the exact same bag as the Batignoles. I'd recommend checking out the Passy GM if you're not a logo fan.

You are so right Wickedassin, Batignoles is going back for sure now. I always have doubts about logos so this recently purchased bag's never been out of its original dustbag. The Batignoles I got is the smallest version (not the Horizontal/Vertical) -- took it home b/c I like the shape and tend to go with different designers (1st LV purchase). Will check it out in person when I'm back from my business trip. Thanks. =) Another black bag for me too....

wickedassin said:
You're right about how the bags have similar details. I've never been a fan of the Batignoles Horizontal--a friend "visits" the bag whenever we go into LV. (She just has yet to take the plunge.) But I love the Passy GM. I think it's the mono pattern that just doesn't do it for me. The Passy is about an inch bigger, but basically the exact same bag as the Batignoles. I'd recommend checking out the Passy GM if you're not a logo fan.

Bag.lover - I know which Batignoles you're talking about... If you want a similar shape, there's the Figari from the Epi line. It's been discontinued, but a number of stores still have it.

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10333271&SectionID=6000

There's also the Pont-Neuf:

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10020830&SectionID=6000

They're both a bit more "structured" but they're similar in size to the Batignoles that you got. Just wanted to give you all the options since they're not always on display!

Thanks. =) Don't really like the shapes of Figari & Pont-Neuf, I usually like structured bags, but these two are too boxy maybe (the zippers make them look harsh). Yours is a lot prettier. =) Bought my sister a red Epi (don't remember the style name) for ~900 a few years ago, it was one of the very few LVs that caught my eyes then. It looked very dressy and my sister could carry it off..

wickedassin said:
Bag.lover - I know which Batignoles you're talking about... If you want a similar shape, there's the Figari from the Epi line. It's been discontinued, but a number of stores still have it.

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10333271&SectionID=6000

There's also the Pont-Neuf:

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10020830&SectionID=6000

They're both a bit more "structured" but they're similar in size to the Batignoles that you got. Just wanted to give you all the options since they're not always on display!

Without a doubt, it has to be either #1 or #2....because of the Chanel bag, (and I'm not even a big fan of Chanel) after seeing this bag on Sweetea's thread, I fell in love! I can't seem to find a pic of the LV bag. I was going to keep the MJacobs Elise, but I was not completely in love with it, when I received it via online....too small for me, I thought it was at least 15" in Width/Length.