What was your first car?

gosh mine was a little old mini 850cc in bright red. I loved that car so much! but im so glad that I wasnt allowed to have a brand new car, as I think you are really learning your way when you first pass your test, and chances for bumps and scrapes are huge. Saying that, when my daughters are older I would want them to have the safest car available, as things have changed alot since I passed my test.

My dad gave me his 2003 Range Rover 4.6L for my 16th birthday (2 years ago) It had been his car and he wanted to change it so he gave it to me. He pays insurance, etc. the deal is that I have to pay the gas which is KILLERRR lol but its huge, I feel safe in it, I can go anywhere skiing when theres snowstorms here, etc. I just love it:heart: (Yes like vuittonamour, I had the nicest car in our senior class, I graduated at 16 lol, that was funny)

A '91 Geo Storm. I loved that little car! I gave it up a few years ago, it's now a rust bucket but I still see it around town once in awhile.

It was used and had been my mom's car. They hadn't planned on getting me my own car, but she was getting a new vehicle and the Geo wasn't worth selling, so I got it.

My parents' 1985 Dodge conversion van. A year after I got my license, my parents got me an $8,500 (but brand spankin' new!) 1990 Mercury Topaz.....which died 5 years later after my 2 little brothers drove it to the ground. It was such a crap car. Most of my HS friends drove their parents' secondhand cars or new but very inexpensive American cars. (I grew up in the midwest) There was ONE person at my HS that caused a major stir because she got a brand-new Mazda Miata -- our classmates were shaking their heads and calling her a spoiled princess.

I had a 1988 Pontiac Sunbird..but I wanted a 65 Mustang. It was a good thing I had the sunbird though, that car got backed into several times by my friends and I had my first accident in it. I didn't work during HS so my parents bought it for me.
When I went to college I bought a 95 Mustang and then a year after that bought a 98 brand spankin new Mustang convertible! Loved that car, it was bright yellow!!!!

Never owned a car.

You know how sometimes when you're driving there's some moron who can barely see over the steering wheel, whose clutching the wheel until their knuckles turn white and on top of that they're driving about 3 miles an hour and you can't even pass them because they're straddling the lanes. And then it you honk the horn they get all confused and upset and start crying and drive even SLOWER???
Um... that's me. Wave next time.
:P

I didn't have a car in high school. My dad drove me to school everyday and I'd either get a ride from my friends or when I got a bf, he picked me up everyday. I got my first car in August following my graduation. It was 2001 then and my parents got me a 1999 civic. I was fine with my car since it was all paid for and so was my insurance. Plus, I liked driving around a lot and that car was good on gas.

I had a 1992 beige colored toyota camry that I lovingly called Ralph. I upgraded to a 1997 sky blue camry while in college and last year bought a 2006 salsa red camry... Hmmm... see a pattern here??

Hehe my pattern is similar. My first car was a 1998 VW Jetta in Black, then I got a 2004 VW Jetta in White and just last year I upgraded to a 2007 VW Passat in Silver. I have only owned VW's and probably always will. :P

Mine was a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire. 5 years later, I'm still driving it. It's still in excellent shape, gets excellent gas milage, and I'd say over the past 5 years I've put maybe $1200 worth of work into it - pretty darn cheap! I hope this car will get me through college so I can keep on saving for my dream car. WOO!