What Was Your First Bag - EVER?

Well as far back as I can think of was I might have been like around 8/9 when I started carrying purses, its hard to remember because I have loved them forever. I'm sure it was some cheap one from Kmart,Jamesway or Bradlees?? I'm originally from Northern Jersey and that's the kind of stores we had around us. I mostly had cheap ones up until I graduated from high school and I already knew what I was going to buy with my graduation money I had received from my party......... a Gucci bag, those were hot then, I graduated in 1987. It was a tall bucket/feedbag style.

when i was in 6th grade i had one of those mini backpacks...do those count? :biggrin:
if not, when i was 14 i saved up and bought a coach hamptons lunch tote. it was from the same hamptons line as this cosmetic bag
pic from ebay
front.jpg

Gosh, this thread has been fun reading so far!! I've LOVED purses for what feels like forever! I've gone through SO many of them and still have a rather large collection though now almost every single one is "designer". But before I forget: my mom had one of those leather tooled bags. It was a hobo like style with flowers and mushrooms on it. I loved it when I was little and at some point she did finaly give it to me but I don't remember when that was or even what happened to it. I wouldn't mind finding it just for vintage/memory sake!
I had those "play" purses with the plastic makeup and such. Then I think I had to be about 7 or so when I wanted a purple purse soooooo bad for Easter one year. I did get one, it was just a simple pleather purple hobo but I sure LOVED it. That is what really started it. I don't think I carried them much in school but everywhere else I did!
I don't think I will EVER get tired of getting more bags!!!! I always enjoy finding and getting a new one!

I have been obsessed with purses for as long as I remember! When I was in 7th grade i fell in love with a bag of my moms from Italy. It was made in the most luscious burgandy leather. That was it- I was hooked. amy first good bag I bought was a burgandy Coach classic shoulder bag when I was 20. :heart:

I had a little white wicker no-name purse that I put pennies in for church on Sunday. When I was about five years-old I filled it with potato chips and got in so much trouble when the collection plate came around that Sunday! The inside and my pennies were all greasy :wtf:.

I wonder if that's why I am so anal about my bag interiors now? Everything gets contained even if only in plastic bags ;)

The first bag i can remember that i bought from my own money was a brown leather with animalprint ponyhair handbag. I bought it on a vacation in Spain and i can't remember the brand. I think it's a local spanish brand. I still have it, but it's a very old fashioned model. But maybe it will come back into style someday. And it's nice for a vintage look.

Before that i had some schoolbags that my mom bought, mostly backpacks. Don't know any names haha.

This might not fit in the thread, but I also remember my kindergarten teacher had what seemed to be an endless collection of purses, mostly leather in every colour. My mother carried mostly brown leather or vinyl bags (this was a long time ago), but it was my teacher (who shall remaon nameless-no, I haven't forgotten her name!) who really opened my eyes to the world of purses that were out there.