What was the first ever 'named' bag that you bought for yourself?

1. Ok..

So what was the first ever 'named' bag that you bought for yourself, and do you still have it?

My first bag I bought was a Betsey Johnson. I loved the colour and all the details on it, but the next day I looked at myself holding it and realised the style wasnt me at all. I eBay-ed it the next day.
  2. I think the first real designer bag I ever purchased was by Betsey Johnson, her Paperdoll laced up tote. I bought it for $60.00 on eBay and thought I had made such a steal.

I now only carry this tote to the Y on rainy days but still chuckle to myself at how I thought this designer at one time, hung the moon.

Funny how our tastes change over time.
  3. My first bag over $100 was Dooney & Bourke.

My first high-end designer bag was Louis Vuitton.
  4. A dooney and bourke and yes, I still have the bag. My first high end was a burberry then on to a lV. Now I want a chanel...(sigh)
  5. I thought Coach and Dooney was high end, until I met Marc Jacobs. My first designer bag was the Marc Jacobs Stella. I used her very gently for about a year and sold her for a profit. I guess the color I had was hard to find.
  6. Mine was a Mulberry Bayswater 3 years ago...
  7. Mine was Paul Smith...I don't know what it's called, I got it a little over 3 years ago, and it's black leather with neatly arranged blobs of paint in lots of different colours on it...anybody know the range?? Until then I had never dreamed of spending so much on a bag (£300) but I fell in :love: and just had to have it. I still have it now, and I still love it :smile:
  8. yeah it was coach for me too, then i joined the TPF & i went crazy with Kooba, Bulga, LV, Gerard darel & Isabella Fiore!!!!!!
  9. My first was a Coach black leather demi which I used for a little while and then gave to my cousin because it was too small. First high-end designer was a LV pochette - which I sold because it was too small.
  10. Coach...signature tote..freshman year of college...it's now in the basement with my term papers from that year( I still care...it's in the original dust bag, though)!!!
  11. It depends on what you consider "designer". To me, Coach is a designer brand too. So my first would be my Coach signature Soho Flap with chocolate brown suede flap and bottom, with brass accents. If you don't consider Coach as designer, then I guess my first non Coach bag would be my Chanel Cambon Large Tote in black with black patent CC's. I just got it a couple months ago, since joining this forum. *is has not been a good influence on me.* *L*
  12. Mine was the Chocolat Bayswater.. I loved and used her for a year, but realized the handles wasn't robust enough for my use - and sold her of, to buy an Ayler instead.:yes:

Still have and adore the Ayler - and a few other Mulberry's and Miu Miu's but my passion these days is Balenciaga Bags..:love:
  13. Mine was a Louis vuitton Large ellipse, I came into some money and wanted a large bag so just went for it. I still love it but haven't used it for a while.
  14. My first was an isabella fiore from about 2 years ago and I still love it to this day!
  15. My first was a Burberry Bag and I still have it although I haven't used if for years - its still my husband's favourite.