What was the best...

I bought a Chloe cross-body paddington in Castor for $519 (including tax!!)...it was during their final cut sale in January. The original price was $1800! I ended up letting my mom have it though, since I got addicted to Balenciaga 1 week after!

Mine happened when I was NOT bag shopping, merely going to an expensive boutique to ~look~ at Koobas.

I had never actually seen one IRL and wanted to see what the fuss was all about on these bags. I couldn't imagine anyone spending $600.00 on one handbag unless it was made of gold.

Don't laugh, but I was carrying Kathy VanZeeland bags at the time, $89.00 tops.

As soon as I saw the Kooba Maria in terraine I saw the light and understood. It WAS made of gold.

And would you believe the shop has all of their bags at 60% off to get ready for the new Spring things.

I plucked that Maria up for $195.00 right then and there and switched bags as soon as I got in the car.

Since that day I have not carried one of my old Kathy bags and have collected 5 Koobas by hunting sales and watching Ebay like a starving hawk.

First let me say my step mom works at Bloomingdales so I get her discount. I was shopping at Bloomies and saw this lovely Fendi bag. It was not like any I had seen before. It has rope handles, dark pebbled leather that is VERY soft and is lined in sherpa. I look at the price $1800. WOW! Just then the sales assoc. that I always buy from comes over and tells me they are having the friends & family sale AND that bag has already been reduced to $800 as it was a return and the end of the season. I got the bag for just under $350. :wlae:
I got so many compliments when I carry it. I love my Fendi and I don't even know her name! :P

While it's not the biggest discount listed here, NM & BG had the brand new Marc Jacobs "Melinda" hobo listed this month on their website for $795 (by mistake) for several days. I ordered one and the list price now on both BG and NM is $1095!!