What was it that first Turned You On to BBags???

I saw it in Vogue in 2005 while on bedrest during my pregnancy ...and never got around to getting one as I never knew where to find it or how to get more information about the types of shapes... Then, I wandered into Singapore Bal at Hilton and the enthusiastic salesgirl gave me a quick overview abt the colours and textures... I was hooked and got my rouille first. Ink first, Sapin city and now blue india part time
I think I am going for vermillon first and glacier blue city next!

When I very first saw the motorcycle bags, I was kind of like "eh...hollywood trend." But then I just kept seeing them, and noticing the different colors, and this went on until I broke down and bought one last year. And I finally understood why they have stuck around so long. I've been hooked ever since!

I found out about them through this forum. I came here looking for info about coach and found a new love. I wasn't hot on the tassels and square shape at first but they grow on you. I adore the leather and the colors. I am all about the color.

I have NEVER paid attention to Balenciaga as I am such an LV-holic! I saw a B-bag here on tPF and suddenly I was like, "Oh baby, where have you been all my life?!" Now I am hooked.

I was ALL LV for the longest time and then I discovered Chloe this summer while in Washington and California. About that time I also traded bags with a friend of mine and wound up with a chocolate brown city from last year. I came to the PF to find out more and wandered over here.

For the longest time I thought I wasn't cool enough for the bbags. I actually had a '04 Rose Twiggy for a few days but the style just seemed to edgy for me. I'm still not sure about the twiggy style and I have shortened the tassels on some of my bags, but I just LOVE the style and the leather and the COLORS!!!

All of LVs leather bags are SO expensive and SO heavy. I have a Hermes but I just cannot afford many of those, so bbags are my yummy leather bags that don't weigh a ton and come in beautiful colors!

I was searching for authentic info on a Petrol Spy, found this forum, looked at all the other sub-forums, came to my damn senses about buying a Spy, and began lusting after B-bags.

I am SOOO glad I never bought that Spy. Supposedly the Fendi pop top is flimsy, and stops closing. After $2,ooo+, I'd be ready to kill somebody if the thing broke after a few months.

Balenciaga is amazing, and collectible.

I saw one at the Barneys at South Coast and I LOVED it. That was a few months ago. It was soft and smooshy and I just kept feeling the damn thing up while my daughter shopped! Then I left and couldnt stop thinking about the bag that ended up being my elusive INK City that wasnt there when I went back...the ONE time I didnt impulse buy and my Ink got away from me.

There's a Barney's at South Coast Plaza? I thought it was only a Co-op, which doesn't carry B-bags. No? Or do you mean Barney's BH?

The colours. I went to Saks to look for an MJ Blake. Saw the Cornflower and Rouille and that was it. Haven't looked at MJ since : ) The colours, man, the colours!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Early 2005, it was one of those tabloid magazines (Star or US..). I bought it out of the blue and flipped through it and saw a big pic of ashley olsen in that silvery white dress with her seafoam first in one hand... before that, I had no concept of being put on a waiting list, let alone being serious about buying a $1K handbag so I just pined for it until August 05 when I took the plunge, but that was before unwittingly buying a fake on ebay. :yucky:

Was Balenciaga ever NOT an obsession of mine? I can't remember that far back. ;)
It was the stylish NYC girls prancing around Nolita with these really cool-looking bags with the zippers hanging out. I would literally follow people down the street to get a good look. Then about two years ago a stylist I worked with showed up with a Marron City, and that was it, I decided I had to have one. I didn't know about AtelierNaff or tPF at the time, so I did the research as best I could, and looked to Ebay for color options. Really wanted a black city but felt I had to pick another color, so I went with the 04 Gray City. The poor thing has been worn so much by in the past year and a half, I probably ought to retire it, but I dunno, we have history together. :heart: :heart: :heart:

The first one I saw was advertised as the IT bag and sold as a replica. They had pictures of celebrities with the real thing and I really like the style. I started investigating, ebay first and then came across the purse forum. I actually saw my first bbag in a NM (rouille twiggy) She was my first purchase! I've never seen anyone carring one in real life. My favorite part about the bbag are the tassels!!!