what tops goes with wide leg denims?

1. I have a few wide leg denims (a black, gray, and dark blue one) They're not that wide, more flare out at the bottom. Could you tell me what tops, sweaters, shirts, etc would match with them. I have a hard time pairing them.
  2. Something that's fitted around the waist. If the top is too flowy and loose it will make you look bigger than you are, kwim?...
  3. ^^Agree. You need to balance out the volume on the bottom with something more fitted up top.
  4. i just watched the movie Dazed and Confused again (1996, set in 1976 and kicked off the 1970s retro movement of the 1990s)... a lot of tucked in slim fit t-shirts, ticked in tanks, cropped hippie shirts, tucked in button ups or tied at the waist w/ rolled up sleeves, tucked in looser shirts, flowy but cropped tops (e.g. doesn't look like a moomoo/sack silhouette broken up), cropped/fitted vests unbuttoned,frilly tiered tops ... :p
  5. ^ LOL I love that movie - i still don't get it!

But yeah, I agree, a fitted top, and if they're highish in the waist, tuck in a cute little shirt. Singlets look great with wide legged jeans in summer, of you could try some cute tees for a more casual look.

If you want something dressier, try a silky flowy singlet with a bubble hem. You can get away with more in singlets, as there's enough skin showing to be able to wear something less fitted.
  6. fitted tops look great with wide leg trousers
  7. i love muscle tanks with them too in the summer
  8. Yes, agreed with everyone else. You have to go with a tight/fitted top or else you will look too voluminous. Basically anything that fits that bill will look good.
  9. I'm totally digging my wide-leg denims (but I think I may always be a skinny jeans girl at heart).

I agree with all of the psts above. Think tight or fitted. So far with my wide-leg jeans I'm wearing:
    *Fitted Velvet (brand) tops with wrap or twisted detail
    *Cami corset (from D&G two years ago)
    *3/4 sleeve tight cashmere sweater
    *Fitted white cotton button down shirt (I have two bodysuits from VS that look like shirts.)
    *And I have a pair of high-waist dark-wash jeans that I wear with a turquoise bodysuit and a lightweight red shrug. (I totally get raves when I wear this.)
  10. I wore my wide-leg denim jeans tonight with a fitted black cashmere sweater and black heels. They looked great.

I agree with everyone else..... fitted tops are they way to go.