What to get a 1 year old?

1. So I don't have children but my husband and I have been invited to a 1 year old birthday party for a girl. What would you all suggest getting her for her birthday? This child has about everything you could imagine. So some creative ideas are welcome!!! Budget...up to $50. TIA!
  2. when my babbies were one year old...
    Clothes were always very welcome gifts!
    but buy 18 mos to 24 mos sizes.
    or some nice jordan nike rubber shoes.
    sorry its not creative... but they will be appreciated.:smile:
  3. A few things that my son loved at that age (and now at 19 months)....

He had a walking toy, a little car that he could push around and that was great.
    Bath toys- We got him foamy letters which he uses every day in the tub.
    A clock for the baby's room...We got a great one with hands so he'll learn how to tell time correctly.

Depending on how much time you have.. Oompa toys is a great website, with lots of well made toys. We have a lot of stuff from them...a trike or wagon may also be a nice gift.

Hope that helps.
  4. you could look into a mommy/daddy and baby swimming class! they are so much fun for everyone involved :yes:

although I have heard that chlorine isn't good for young children :shrugs:
  5. I always love it when my kids get clothes for gifts. I like to give gifts that are monogrammed....like little backpacks from Pottery Barn Kids, or those wooden stools with their names in it, it's like a puzzle.
  6. A $50 savings bond
  7. At one year old a child is not going to be interested with the best or most expensive toy. They can be just as happy with crayons..... So I would not get toys. Maybe a nice rocking chair in their size. Both my kids had really cute ones and they loved it. A gift certificate to a child's attraction, aquarium, zoo, child's museum might be fun.
  8. A savings bond.