What to do??

1. Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on eBay and won an auction for a Dior gaucho this afternoon. Once eBay confirmed that I was the winner, I used PayPal to pay the seller immediately. But a few hours later and I checked my email, I received a notification from eBay saying that this auction was cancelled :sad::

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

Item number: 170034754216
    Title: Authentic DIOR GAUCHO SADDLE BAG NWT 2006

Unfortunately, eBay removed this auction-style listing because it violated eBay policy. We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of this violation.

All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item. If the seller chooses to relist the item, you're welcome to bid on it again.

To learn how you can protect yourself and help ensure a positive buying experience in the future, please visit:

Buyer Tips

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

eBay Trust & Safety

[/FONT]:crybaby:Paypal already charged $725.19 from my credit card and transferred to the seller (I have the confirmation #). I also emailed the seller directly to inquire about this matter. After reading some of the posts in this forum, I have a feeling the seller was selling an authentic bag (a fellow TPFer/Dior expert authenticated the bag for me) but got picked by eBay like other TPFers. Should I be doing anything else? File something with PayPal?

Sorry for this long post. Any help/suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!!
  2. Has the seller replied? Seller should refund your money and if he doesn't, contact Paypal. I've never had to do that, so I hope someone will come along to help you with that part of it. Give him or her a reasonable amt. of time to respond, tho. If it were me, I'd wait a day, then go to Paypal. eBay's timing sucks, doesn't it?
  3. Go to the payment details page for this item in your PayPal account. Scroll down to the bottom until you find "Resolution Center". Click on that link, and file a dispute. It will walk you throught the process of filing a claim to reverse the payment.

It is likely this process will freeze both your account and your seller's account until resolved, but it is an outlet for assistance if needed.
  4. Forgot to add that you should save all the e-mails pertinent to this situation.
  5. Save everything! Yes, and please go to the resolution center in PayPal and contact your cc that your filing a chargeback on a null transaction that has been cancelled. The seller should have refunded you immediately. If you have not heard from her/him think you better start filing your dispute with eBay and PayPal, including your cc that funded your PayPal.
  6. :smile: Got some great news to update. Turns out eBay cancelled the auction because the seller used a stock photo in her listing. It's "trademark misuse," to quote eBay in it's exact wording. The seller sent me an apologetic email and explained everything, even enclosing the link eBay sent her explaining the reason for removing the auction.

So, in the end it all worked out and I cannot wait to get my Dior gaucho.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!!