What to Do With This Horrible Bag!

DaGirl007

Oct 15, 2006
Okay I wish I had been a member of this site a long time ago then I would have made some smarter shopping choices. I bought one of my Fendi's awhile back on designerimportscom and was never quite sure if it was real. It looked damn good, it had all the little thing that I had known to look for, but I got it for $400 when it was orignally like $800, so something didn't seem right. So when I joined the board I saw all the different authenticity questions and decided to do a search for the website I bought it from and you guys have confirmed it's a fake. Now i don't know what to do with it. I like it but not if it's a fake, I don't want to be funding terrorist and anything illegal. I don't want to sell it on ebay and have some porr unfortuante person get swindled like me, but throwning it away is basically the same as flushing 400 dollars down the toliet....What to do? What would you do?

Oh, I've been there, DaGirl. I bought an Lv Manhattan GM for 800 bucks, and the thing was fake. I have the same dilema, what to do with it now. I guess the only thing left to do is to burn it. I have thought about donating it for charity, but the poor kids don't deserve such an ugly bag!

I would give it away to charity. Unless you have a friend who doesn't mind carrying a fake purse. Some of us do.

Do not sell it. First of all, its against the rules of ebay to sell something that is a replica or a counterfeit. Secondly, you would be lying if you said it was real when it wasn't. You could be putting yourself in a bad position if you did that.

I feel for you. Since it's illegal to sell a fake, even if you disclose that, on eBay, that's not an option, anyway. Glad to hear you don't want to do that. Do you know anyone crafty who could use the materials? Otherwise, if it were me, I'd just pitch it.

The problem w/giving it away to charity is that it WILL end up back in the stream of commerce. Someone will buy it thinking it's real or knowing it's fake and intending to sell it as real (scammers!). Honestly, the only thing you can do to stop the cycle is to cut it up or burn it...

I got a BBag off ebay aroud 6 months ago and found out through this forum that I, unfortunately, had bought a fake. It made me so angry to even look at it knowing I had been fooled and lost a lot of money, I just threw it away.

I was soooo relieved afterwards!! I can only recommend it!!:yes:

Thanks everyone for your comments. It sucks that all these darn fakes are running around the internet. I think I'm going to give it to my mother and explain that it is a fake and I don't want it anymore. She doesn't know the difference between a designer or non designer label and she doesn't care. And she needs a new purse she has worn the same cheapo purse for the last 3 yrs I don't know how she does it. I still feel guilty for not tearing the thing to shreads but I have a really hard time of thinking about throwing away a 400 dollar purchase. I think I've learned my lesson. Ugh...It's a hard one to learn....:sad:

oh... i had one experience when buying my first lv MC item on ebay.
i can't even look at it, and put it in the dustbag in the bottom of my closet.
eventually, i gave it to my sister who don't mind about if it's authentic or not.

The problem w/giving it away to charity is that it WILL end up back in the stream of commerce. Someone will buy it thinking it's real or knowing it's fake and intending to sell it as real (scammers!). Honestly, the only thing you can do to stop the cycle is to cut it up or burn it...

Agree! Don't give it to charity. Someone may be scammed in the process....