What to do with the dress?

1. Four or five years back, I bought a dress for prom... (is this starting to sound like a nightmare already?), and now I have no clue what to do with it.

It's a full-blown ballgown purchased at Bridal Images in LA, and the cost + alterations + sold-out status = $800. It is a GORGEOUS dress, but I haven't had the chance to wear it since. I'm at a total loss. :confused1: In retrospect, it wasn't the wisest choice I've ever made, but hey! prom is once-in-a-lifetime, right? :p

eBay it? :crybaby: I am too sentimentally attached.

2. egh. If you arent going to put it to use, then eBay it.
    If you realllly cant part with it, make room for it in that closet, it will be there a while;)

3. I have so many party dresses and what I usually do after I am done with them, I take off the tulle part (the part that makes the dress poofy (sp?)) so the dress will look slimmer. and/or after you take the poofiness (sp?) away, cut the dress knee lenght high....voila it becomes a "going out to dinner" dress.

4. I agree if Nefredity. If you like it a lot still, then you should try to alter it so that you can wear it more often. Is there a good tailor near you that can help?

5. I would keep it for sentimental reasons.

6. Awww, I still have my prom dress from 1995! My mom wanted to sell it but I've never let her, it's still in her closet until the day I relieve her of it and many other occasional dresses/outfits I wore in grade school and high school. I'm sure my daughter(s) will appreciate seeing these things someday and tittering about how out of style they are, which I think will be funny!

7. I'm the same.. I still have mine, but I don't think I could ever wear it! I was going to say.... yes, either eBay it or just keep it for sentimental reasons, but I really like Nefredity's idea to alter it!

8. I kept mine for sentimental reasons...Who knows if I'll ever wear it again - but I can't bear to part with it :sad:

9. My mom sold mine long time ago... lol..:sad: