What to do with ground chicken?

1. I have ground chicken in my fridge that's going to go bad real soon if I dont use it but I am so lost for ideas! I have too much of it to just use in pasta sauce.

Does anyone have a recipe that does not involve a gazillion ingredients (maybe just 1-3?) and is easy to make? TIA!

2. Make meatballs and freeze the ones you don't use. You can also make chicken chili, chicken patties, anything you can use ground beef for.

3. Tacos!

4. I agree-- Tacos, Meatloaf, or something like a healthy version of a Sloppy Joe...I love to use ground chicken or turkey as a substitute for beef.

5. MEATBALLS!!!! :yahoo:

For poultry meatballs, I usually do:
    1lb ground chicken or turkey
    1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
    1-2 pieces of bread, ground (I usually take whole wheat bread and just throw it in the blender)
    ~1/4 cup Chopped onion or 1 tsp onion powder
    1-2 tsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    parmesan cheese (a few tbsp :shrugs:)
    Parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper

You can either freeze them and use them later or you can use them right away. I usually brown them in a sprayed non-stick pan and then add tomato sauce, cover them and simmer until they're cooked through. They're delicious with whole wheat pasta!!!

6. I make chicken burgers and freeze whatever we wont eat that day.

Just add to taste, grated or chopped mushrooms, sundried tomatoes (i put them in the moulinex and it makes them into a thick thick paste like mixture) and chopped parsley.

If you try them, enjoy!!

7. Anything that you'd use ground turkey or beef for. Just keep in mind the chicken is a bit drier (at least to me anyway).

8. chicken burgers....diced peppers (red & green), onion, seasoning of ur choice and put an ice cube in the center to keep it moist.

i LOVE them on whole wheat english muffins :smile:

9. sub it in for tacos, and then you can use the leftover seasoned chicken for taco salad the next day or two. I think that you could also season it with basic italian seasoning, and use it with alfredo and pasta as a chicken alfredo.

10. rachel ray did a "chicken parm pizza" recipe recently, she sauteed the chicken with onions and seasoning then sprinkled it over the sauce before the cheese, it looked quite yummy

11. Taco night!

12. stuffed peppers ... very easy ... here's what I do:
    ground chicken
    1 box of Noreast garlic & herb rice pilaf
    1 can of tomato sauce
    4 large orange peppers
    cook rice according to package directions.
    cook ground chicken in pan on stovetop
    I steam the peppers for about 10 mins to soften them slighty.
    combine cooked rice, cooked chicken, and tomato sauce in bowl.
    stuff the peppers
    put stuffed peppers in caserole dish and cover.
    cook in oven at 350 degress for about 45 mins to an hour.

13. another great recipe ... very easy ...
    ground chicken
    red peppers
    onions
    garlic
    tomato sauce
    Pillsbury crescent rolls
    chop onions, garlic, and peppers and saute in pan with olive oil
    add ground chicken and cook through
    add tomato sauce
    unroll crescent rolls so that you have four squares
    put chicken mixture in center of each square and completely seal the square
    place on cookie sheet and place in 350 degree oven for approx. 20-25 mins or until golden brown.

14. Mix it with other ground meats and make meatloaf. I put ground beef, ground turkey, and ground pork in my meatloaf. If I had ground chicken I'd probably add that in there, too. Just mush it all together really well and shape it, then cook as usual.

15. Use it in stir fry noodles! Really quick and yummy. Just stir fry the chicken first, add veggies, then noodles and sauce.